Model Cars Magazine Forum

Typical Sunday morning at the local In-N-Out :

LT. - RT. :
- My 2004 Crown Victoria P71 (A/K/A "The Outlaw")
- 1967 Grand Prix 
- 1974 Duster (originally 225/904 , now has a 340/ 4-speed)
- 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (largely original ; 364 / Hydramatic)
- 1970 Chevelle SS-454 (360hp/TH-400)

crown-vic-etc-10-3-2024.jpg.40015c8d370f42eb011330ce4465ffa6.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2024 at 2:25 PM, NYLIBUD said:

I like the CV.I have an 09 ex Fed P71.Gotta be one of the funnest cars I’ve ever owned. 

That P71 belongs to yours truly. It's a 2004 ; a former Inglewood P.D. unit ( number 428 ). 

There are only two things about it that I wish it had :
1.) Rubber mats (has carpeting - and is coded as such )
2.) Cruise control

• Like 1

Yea,I have carpeting too,and I’m sure it’s much easier to clean with rubber mats/floor covering.I do have cruise control,but i don’t think I’ve ever used it.The CVs are great cars.Built Ford tough,as they say.🚨😁I picked up this white 1/18th scale CV yesterday at a car show/swap meet,for $5.

IMG_0537.jpeg

IMG_0423.jpeg

IMG_1257.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That 1/18 looks pretty nice ! I recognise wheel covers - is it a 1998-2001 model (amber turn signals as well) ? Speaking of which ; I'm going to convert mine to the amber-signals tail lamp assemblies. Why ? I can't stand red turn signal/hazards ! They're not only annoying, but are also technically improper / incorrect.

I have two sets of head lights,&/side markers.And two sets of tail lights.Two are tinted,and two are regular lights.I switched the headlights back to stock since i couldn’t see too well at night😵‍💫.But the tinted ones do look pretty cool,especially on a black car.

1 hour ago, webestang said:

Man I miss my Vicky. 😢

Get another one,there’s millions out there.Just watch the idle hours.Cops usually don’t turn their cars off too much,unless they’re running in to D,nD.Lol…If the idle hours are above say 9,10,K,move on,and look for another one.Mine was a detectives/Feds car,so the hours were pretty low when i bought it.

1 hour ago, NYLIBUD said:

Get another one,there’s millions out there.Just watch the idle hours.Cops usually don’t turn their cars off too much,unless they’re running in to D,nD.Lol…If the idle hours are above say 9,10,K,move on,and look for another one.Mine was a detectives/Feds car,so the hours were pretty low when i bought it.

I'd like to or find a nice Grand Merc. First thing though I'm buying a house in the next 2-3 months that's when the lease on my crappy apartment is up. 

My 2004 doesn't have the hour meter (I've forgotten its proper nomenclature), as its instruments are 100% analogue (including the odometer). 

For all that I know, it could have 100,000 idle hours ! Original engine (has a sticker on the left-bank of the block which reads POL 47) and uses zero oil.