Model Cars Magazine Forum

My WIP's

DaveB

I will usually work on a few models at once so I don't get bored trying to get one finished, plus I gotta wait for it to warm up so I can spray my bodies outside. Current works are the Supernatural Impala in show form (wife and I are fans), so far only the interior is finished, working up the courage to cut open the trunk after watching some YT vids.

The Wild Hoss Bronco is going to be built as a Paramedic Bronco from the 240 Robert TV show (you old guys should remember that), it's the only one that's getting close to completion.

The 3rd is the AMT Charger police car that I'm doing in NH State Police livery, I also have the 2021 Charger pursuit on pre order to do the same with. This one was purchased open box on ebay for cheap money, has hard minimal assembly done, but it was done poorly/incorrectly, luckily what ever glue they used was either older than my grandmother or just bad as the parts I needed to remove and redo came off with little hassle or damage. I plan on keeping this thread updated with my progress if all goes well, I have a habit of forgetting to take progress photos. These are my first models in 30 years, so feel free to offer any tips or constructive criticism.

IMG_20240313_163327927_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240313_163341961_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240313_163259608_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240306_145412755_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20240313_163238975_HDR.jpg

Can't wait to see 240-R-2. Don't forget the sunroof. I have one of these in progress, but it got stored last time I moved, and I have not found it yet. I loved the episode where Morgan is chasing a Sioux 47 and the Sioux flies into a hanger and finds out his exit is blocked by patrol cars and now his other exit is blocked by Morgans Hughes 500-C. and they start doing the dual inside the hanger till they are forced to land in it. Gotta give it to those stunt flyers in that episode. 

sddefault.jpg

• Like 1

I may forgo the sunroof, none of my current stock has a piece to donate for it. It's not gonna be 100% accurate but it'll be close, keeping an eye on ebay for a set of wheels/tires so I can have a spare on the back rather than the tire cover. Gonna 3D print the Jerry cans.

20 hours ago, DaveB said:

I may forgo the sunroof, none of my current stock has a piece to donate for it. It's not gonna be 100% accurate but it'll be close, keeping an eye on ebay for a set of wheels/tires so I can have a spare on the back rather than the tire cover. Gonna 3D print the Jerry cans.

Sounds good. Not sure if you want to go to the trouble, but it has a switch panel that goes across the roof and has a radio up there too. If you want resin 3 Inches Under on Ebay has o2 bottles, scuba gear, duffle bags and all kinds of stuff that they would carry in the back of that 4x4. Of course, if you 3d print you might want to go that way, but I thought I'd toss in the link in case you wanted to look it over. Can't wait to see it finished. 

Three Inches Under | eBay Stores

• Like 1

Time for an update. The Supernatural Impala is coming along, chassis is together and engine is in, front & rear is detailed. This is the first time I've tried opening a trunk, got it mostly cut out but wanted to get the hinges made before completely removing it, waiting for some brass to arrive.

IMG_20240322_143553588_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240322_143534696.jpg

IMG_20240322_143637352_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240322_143649324_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240322_143747396_HDR.jpg

Posted (edited)

The Charger is also progressing, most of the chassis and interior is done. Took a chance on the open box but so far no major issues.

IMG_20240322_143818607.jpg

IMG_20240322_143839931.jpg

IMG_20240322_143848258_HDR.jpg

Edited by DaveB
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Noah H. said:

Those are some sharp looking interiors!

Thanks, not super happy with the seats in the charger, still perfecting brush painting Tamiya acrylic paints, may go over them with some semi gloss enamel to see if they'll look better, not that you'll notice once it's assembled.

Edited by DaveB

The Supernatural Impala is my first attempt at cutting the trunk, kind of a must do on this car for the sigil decal and all the goodies that are kept there. Have it mostly cut out and the hinges in place.

IMG_20240325_160213004_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240325_164455223.jpg