Model Cars Magazine Forum

Blastphemi, and Genral Mayhem

I have been wanting to do this for some time. I used Testors enamel, and lacquer. I primed the General Mayhem and painted it red so I could sand the flat black down to the red, and mask off the engine compartment, and interior ceiling. Painted with flat black, added dents, and rust spots, hood painted brown, them star spangle blue and the hood scoop in Inca gold before sanding and applying a flat coat lacquer. Then I painted the roof of Blastphemi with pure gold Lacquer, followed by a couple coats of wet look lacquer. The lower was flat black with dull coat lacquer. the "BLASTPHEMI" decals came from Slixx Decals

General Mayhem, and Blastphemi.jpg

Blasphemi.jpg

Mayhem.jpg

Mayhem other side.jpg

• Like 8

On 3/31/2024 at 1:43 PM, nickfzr61 said:

Looking good. They’re coming along nice. The Blasphemi decal looks really good.

Which engine are you going with in the General Mayhem?

The 440 painted black

I like what you have going here, both are worthy subjects. One suggestion if I may, if you used gloss, then apply the decals on Blasphemi and apply a flat clear over the black, the decals won't silver. I believe this is caused by the flat paint being porous which lends less surface for the decal to adhere. Just my .02