Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Al Bundy "Dodge" builds

Resized_20240403_171340_1712931542422(1).jpeg.6f021b18acff996495bac11662756be9.jpegTrying to find the MPC 1973 Duster for the original blue version, but here are my works on the bronze and red '72's.

Used Hart's Parts for the grilles, and Fireball for the basic Plymouth wheel covers.

Resized_20240403_171354_1712331911707.jpeg

Edited by canesbart
Added pic
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dwc43 said:

Looking good, but you need to find some Slant 6 engines. ole Al could not afford the 318 or 340's. lol

Lol, I know.   That's why I didn't put the distributer with wires on, not enough of 'em (wires)  :)

good source for slant sixes?

Well, it is a slant six, when seen under the hood,  but, when the red Dodge died and was buried, then exumed, Peg and Bud did pull out a 340 from the grave.   (It subsequently fell off winch on Buds head)

Married with Children season 11, episode 4 and 5

The Plymouth that DW gave you the link to has two complete engines, so you could use the slant 6 and still build the kit with the V8....... I really liked Married... With Children, I kinda grew up with the Bundy kids! I've seen Ms. Applegate in several movies, too, and she has always been an A1 actor.........

• Like 2

On 4/12/2024 at 2:11 PM, dwc43 said:

Texas 3d on Ebay has the best one ever made. But it aint cheap.

Slant 6 Hyper-Pak model engine resin 3D printed 1:24-1:8 scale | eBay

s-l1600.webp

Thanks for the mention, but I recommend buying off my website over eBay, no sales tax outside of Texas more options and lower priced. I also have several versions of the tower of power.

• Like 2