Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dick Landy 1968 Coronet decals

Does anyone do the 68 Coronet Dick Landy decals?  Thanks.

George Petrillo

1 hour ago, GMP440 said:

Does anyone do the 68 Coronet Dick Landy decals?  Thanks.

George Petrillo

Slixx did the 64-65 cars and there's the decals from the Revell Landy Charger I think thats as close as your gonna get   image.png.4bc047d02cea7a4097ba8b69c6a2dc5a.png

Edited by Scott Eriksen

You might be able to use some of the graphics from the sheet that came in the Revell Landy ‘68 Charger. You might be able to paint the red stripes and cut up the blue ones to make them work better. 

Fred Cady did a double sheet for the Landy Cars some time ago- I think those were geared towards the ‘68 and ‘69 Chargers, you might be able to start with them. 

Slixx did some sheets- some were for the Landy ‘68 Hemi Dart, and I think they also did a sheet for the Chargers. They do not seem to be in their current catalog. 

The Cady and Slixx sheets tend to have separate logos, so they might work a little better. 

I would not be surprised to see somebody do decals for that car soon, as the Hardtop kit is just coming out. I suggested to Steve G. at last year’s NNL East that a Landy ‘68 Coronet would be a neat release. He seemed receptive, but of course, that would all depend on licensing and budget to bring to market. 

Edited by CapSat 6
And another thing…

2 hours ago, CapSat 6 said:

You might be able to use some of the graphics from the sheet that came in the Revell Landy ‘68 Charger. You might be able to paint the red stripes and cut up the blue ones to make them work better. 

Fred Cady did a double sheet for the Landy Cars some time ago- I think those were geared towards the ‘68 and ‘69 Chargers, you might be able to start with them. 

Slixx did some sheets- some were for the Landy ‘68 Hemi Dart, and I think they also did a sheet for the Chargers. They do not seem to be in their current catalog. 

The Cady and Slixx sheets tend to have separate logos, so they might work a little better. 

I would not be surprised to see somebody do decals for that car soon, as the Hardtop kit is just coming out. I suggested to Steve G. at last year’s NNL East that a Landy ‘68 Coronet would be a neat release. He seemed receptive, but of course, that would all depend on licensing and budget to bring to market. 

A Dick Landy Coronet kit would make a lot of sense and would be justified.  Just need a set of Cragar wheels and the Landy decal sheet and you have another kit.  Everything else is already in the kit has been released.