Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 2 weeks later...

I find modern race car liveries to be aimed at those viewing the car as it stands still. Seems to me more appropriate for the livery to be designed to be viewed in action, moving on the race track. Readily distinguishable from it's competitors and if representing sponsor(s), each such sponsor should be readily identifiable as the car moves around the track. I always followed that concept with my own race car that you can see in my Avatar.

I really do NOT see any relation to various generations of Mustang in that paint scheme. Other than a very obscure and distant connection of the blue to the Grabber Blue of 1970.

Maybe it's because I was never a fan of Picasso et al.

3 hours ago, DustyMojave said:

I find modern race car liveries to be aimed at those viewing the car as it stands still. Seems to me more appropriate for the livery to be designed to be viewed in action, moving on the race track. Readily distinguishable from it's competitors and if representing sponsor(s), each such sponsor should be readily identifiable as the car moves around the track. I always followed that concept with my own race car that you can see in my Avatar.

I really do NOT see any relation to various generations of Mustang in that paint scheme. Other than a very obscure and distant connection of the blue to the Grabber Blue of 1970.

Maybe it's because I was never a fan of Picasso et al.

Agreed. This is not a good scheme for a car in motion. Can anyone identify ANY legendary livery in this finger painting?