Model Cars Magazine Forum

'64 Ford Galaxie Stock Car

This is yet another stalled project. It was started around 2008 and I dug it out in 2022.

I used the stocker interior tub and a Monogram stock car chassis. I extended the chassis in front of the firewall, the engine to firewall distance us good. However the transmission location is way forward. 

Other issues, the rear end ride height needs to come down. I also need to close the rear wells a little and get them better centered. The rear is in square.

After a couple of other projects are complete, I may get back into this one.

20240507_090821.jpg

20240507_091127.jpg

20240507_091242.jpg

20240507_090832.jpg

20240507_090842.jpg

20240507_091116.jpg

20240507_092628.jpg

20240507_092615.jpg

20240507_092750.jpg

20240507_090913.jpg

20240507_090905.jpg

20240507_091216.jpg

When I read your title "Galaxie Stock Car" I was expecting another Lorenzen or Jarrett Grand National build. But when I scrolled past the picture of those tires and the rear quarter panel my mouse came to a screeching halt. I do enjoy a good clean Grand National build, but I get excited over a short track build. Like the looks of where this one is going, keep those updates coming.

• Like 1

Nascar should consider going back to the sixtys for their next, next gen cars. The Camaro and Mustang are going away so the present next gen car doesn't represent anything the manufacturers are making, so why not fabricate bodies for the car they are racing now with bodies from the sixtys. All the aero problems they are having now would go away and they probably wouldn't need to use spoilers or maybe just a small one and no air dams in the front of the cars. Plus they would really look cool.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarkJ said:

Nascar should consider going back to the sixtys for their next, next gen cars. The Camaro and Mustang are going away so the present next gen car doesn't represent anything the manufacturers are making, so why not fabricate bodies for the car they are racing now with bodies from the sixtys. All the aero problems they are having now would go away and they probably wouldn't need to use spoilers or maybe just a small one and no air dams in the front of the cars. Plus they would really look cool.

That would be cool! Anything would be better than this "next gen", cookie cutter body and chassis.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Volzfan59 said:

That would be cool! Anything would be better than this "next gen", cookie cutter body and chassis.

They can keep the chassis because there is a lot of safety built into it. Just set some 1960 or seventy body's on top of it. If I could find a 1/24 scale 1960's or seventy's chevy or ford model kit, I might try it myself. I made my next gens where I could remove the body from the chassis so I wouldn't have to make a next gen car just borrow the chassis from one I already built.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkJ said:

They can keep the chassis because there is a lot of safety built into it. Just set some 1960 or seventy body's on top of it. If I could find a 1/24 scale 1960's or seventy's chevy or ford model kit, I might try it myself. I made my next gens where I could remove the body from the chassis so I wouldn't have to make a next gen car just borrow the chassis from one I already built.

That's a pretty good idea, move the body from chassis to chassis. Have to agree to disagree on the next gen chassis, not going to completely hijack @bobss396 post.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Volzfan59 said:

That's a pretty good idea, move the body from chassis to chassis. Have to agree to disagree on the next gen chassis, not going to completely hijack @bobss396 post.

Agree. I'm through. Sorry bout that Bob. Please continue with your wip. I will hijack no longer. Can't wait to see more of your wip and completion of your project.

27 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

Agree. I'm through. Sorry bout that Bob. Please continue with your wip. I will hijack no longer. Can't wait to see more of your wip and completion of your project.

Please. Hijack away, always good to see people thinking and talking about taking it to another level. 

The Galaxie is out on the bench, been doing pool stuff this week...