Model Cars Magazine Forum

Oddball Pyro box (32 Chevy Convertible), a new one to me.

That's a later kit.  To keep the price in check, they went to the one-piece box with the printing directly on the cardboard.  Does it still include a decal sheet?

Considering the low price, which dictated the simple tooling design which in turn forced the use of multiple piece bodies, most of those kits are actually quite well executed.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have about three dozen Pyro kits from the same era, but this was new to me. No decals in the kit but I have no idea what has been lost in the 55+ years it has been on the road....

I have all of the kits in that series (none of them from any of the other 1/32 scale series).  A couple of them are in that style box.  There were a few different decal sheets.  The hot rod kits (Texan, Rebel, etc) had the markings shown on the box while other kits had a more generic sheet.  I'm thinking the decal sheet was eliminated from most (if not all) kits that had them, to keep the costs down.  I don't think any of my kits that are in that style box have a decal sheet.