Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Do any resin casters offer these wheels?

Can-Con, thanks for taking the time to do the research etc.  Unless I'm missing something (always a possibility) the wheels in the MPC '57 Corvette gasser kit are the same as the ones in the Mustang SVO kit I posted.  Would you agree?  

More importantly, I'm still wanting to know if any resin caster offers them.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Monty said:

Can-Con, thanks for taking the time to do the research etc.  Unless I'm missing something (always a possibility) the wheels in the MPC '57 Corvette gasser kit are the same as the ones in the Mustang SVO kit I posted.  Would you agree?  

More importantly, I'm still wanting to know if any resin caster offers them.

No problem. I seem to have developed a wheel fetish over the years. 

Yes, I'd say they're the same as the front wheels in the Vette kit. The back side of them may be completely different though. I've never had one of those SVO kits.

Sorry, I don't know of anyone casting them at the moment.

Edited by Can-Con

3 hours ago, Can-Con said:

No problem. I seem to have developed a wheel fetish over the years. 

Me too.  There is at least one site featuring pictures of "mags" from the late '60s to the mid-'70s, some of which I'd never seen in real life.  Geezer whine:  I'm glad I grew up when I did.  Today's oversize wheels just look like aluminized origami.  

13 minutes ago, Monty said:

Me too.  There is at least one site featuring pictures of "mags" from the late '60s to the mid-'70s, some of which I'd never seen in real life.  Geezer whine:  I'm glad I grew up when I did.  Today's oversize wheels just look like aluminized origami.  

Monty, never apologize for liking what you like. 

For me, it depends on the car. Some cars or trucks look good with newer, larger wheels and some look good with traditional wheels. 

Just my opinion.

Do you know of these sites?

https://vintagewheelcatalogs.com/

https://akhwheels.com/wheel-categories/aluminum/

Posted (edited)

I couldn't begin to tell ya what sight I was on that had some great classic wheel pics, but I don't think it was as extensive as these.  Thank you so much!  These are fantastic! 

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1