Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 dodge charger widebody

michelle

this is made using a Revell 69 charger body and the taillight panel and back bumper and chassis and suspension and hood from a Revell fast and furious 70 charger the trunk lid spoiler widebody parts and chin spoiler and rims and tires and disk brakes and exhaust tips and door scallop covers I 3d resin printed used blackboxstl's 68 charger widebody kit files the engine is made using a 3d resin printed hellcat supercharger and a hemi engine from a amt 2021 charger rt kit the interior pan and dash and glass are from a mpc 69 charger I chose to make it have colum shifter and filled in the center console with putty I also filled in most of the dash details except for the main Guages I filled the cut out in the hood with a piece of clear plastic and I made the grille with a Revell 68 charger grille a 69 wedge split from a mpc 69 charger grille and headlights from a broken 65 continental grille the lower front valance is from a Revell 68 charger I painted body rust-oleum imagine chrome pink

i not happy with how you can see the outline of were the supports were attacted and some of the outline of the putty i used to fill gaps and chips in i sanded them sown with a very course grit wet dry sand paper then went over it again with a very fine grits wet dry sand paper   and they felt smooth and level to the touch when a ran my finger over the areas after i sanded them down but after i applied the chrome pink paint it made the outlines pop 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, karbuildr said:

That color is really very nice. I also really like the wheels and tires. You obviously put a lot of work into this so it's a shame about the body work showing up under the paint.

Thank you

4 hours ago, Street Rod said:

Looks really good even though the paint goblin stuck his nose in the works, lol! I want to do a wide body kit on a couple of kits in the future.

Thank you 

Looks great Michelle! It reminds me of the mid-engine Charger from F&F 9. I saw this one at SEMA a couple of years ago, and it looked a mile wide and an inch tall! :) Screenshot2024-05-18202019.png.a7ce75a53507a6bdad47aa507bafec0d.png

33 minutes ago, ea0863 said:

Looks great Michelle! It reminds me of the mid-engine Charger from F&F 9. I saw this one at SEMA a couple of years ago, and it looked a mile wide and an inch tall! :) Screenshot2024-05-18202019.png.a7ce75a53507a6bdad47aa507bafec0d.png

Thanks I was half tempted to do that car when doing my 68 widebody charger but I would have to mod the back window and figure out how to make the mid engine hellcat style engine the car has