Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Splash paint application ?

I am new to Splash Paints and need some guidance. I want to paint a car that has some resin parts. I have Oxide Red Primer and Dark Grey Surfacer, what's the difference  between a primer and a surfacer ? I have 2K gloss clear, clear thinner, clear activator and catalyst. I can't find any info on how to use these other than the air pressure and needle size. Any guidance would be highly appreciated. 

Splash paints website has information if you open the color of choice there is a "Read More" button plus an entire FAQ section. You will need to use a lacquer-based primer such as Tamiya or Splash Paint Primer. This Plum Crazy base coat with 2x clear, my first attempt with their product.image.png.32af595d59918d3f2e44f455b8fb9093.png

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, James2 said:

Splash paints website has information if you open the color of choice there is a "Read More" button plus an entire FAQ section. You will need to use a lacquer-based primer such as Tamiya or Splash Paint Primer. This Plum Crazy base coat with 2x clear, my first attempt with their product.image.png.32af595d59918d3f2e44f455b8fb9093.png

Splash paints labeling is a bit off. I looked up the number on the surfacer and it was the same number as the primer. I believe  the clear activator is for the clear , still unsure on the catalyst. Some bottles don't have any numbers on the label. I did purchase some of these a few years back and some just recently, which may be the cause of confusion,