Model Cars Magazine Forum

Brian Loftin Southern Modified Tour Build

Wakefan77

Nice looking car. I always wanted to try racing one of these cars, but in my area, they restricted us to a narrow tire. Too much engine or a heavy right foot and you could easily burn the tires off the things. I had both issues. We always had too much engine (by the rules legal) and i had the heavy right foot too. lol

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2024 at 11:03 AM, Volzfan59 said:

Great looking modified. I really like the simplicity of the paint job. Two colors, clean lines and clear numbers and sponsor decals. I'm assuming that the 1:1 is the same. Well done @Wakefan77!

Thanks!  Yes the real car is the same.  I tried to get it as close as I could.  The pic was taken at Caraway Speedway last fall.  The red on my model isn't as bright as it seems.  The camera and lighting brightened it up a little. 

thumbnail-17.jpg

thumbnail-1.jpg

Edited by Wakefan77
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Wakefan77 said:

Thanks!  Yes the real car is the same.  I tried to get it as close as I could.  The pic was taken at Caraway Speedway last fall.  The red on my model isn't as bright as it seems.  The camera and lighting brightened it up a little. 

thumbnail-17.jpg

thumbnail-1.jpg

Seeing the 1:1, you've done a tremendous job!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful model!  I especially love the pickup rubber!  Just feels like "Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY!!!".

(Sorry - that's how all the radio racing adverts started in Wisconsin when I was young and impressionable.)

• Like 1