Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fast and Furious

I think Tokyo Drift had the hottest chick in there. Wish I knew the name of that Asian girl, she was yummy!

Her name is Nathalie Kelley, and she's not Asian either.

Nathalie Kelley was born in Lima, Peru to a Peruvian mother and Argentine father.[1] She moved to Sydney, Australia. She dreamed about being an actress when she was 13 years old, and coincidentally attended the same school as Nicole Kidman; North Sydney Girls High School on Sydney's north shore. When she was 16 she became a salsa dancer which helped her get the money to finish education. Also "The Miss Latin America competition" earned for her a much-needed $1,000 and the next thing she took a year off and went to Brazil. The things Kelley saw there prompted her to shun show business and come home to launch herself into a social science degree.

She studied Politics and International Relations at the University of New South Wales, and also worked as a volunteer with indigenous Australian youth in the inner-city suburb of Redfern before moving to Los Angeles and becoming an actress.

Kelley began her acting career with the lead part in a WB pilot Mermaid, a spin-off of the hit television series Charmed starring Alyssa Milano, Rose McGowan and Holly Marie Combs. In 2006, she appeared in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift alongside Lucas Black and Bow Wow. She has also appeared in several commercials such as the one for "Schick Quattro". In 2007, she appeared in Loaded alongside Jesse Metcalfe.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=N...amp;btnG=Search

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathalie_Kelley

Well, I saw it. To me, it was a dissappointment (it wasnt that great for $10!) I really liked the first , and this seemed almost like the caracters were bored. The plot was like most sequal car chases, a drug bust. I am a big FF fan, but this was a bit of a let down. If you didnt care for tokyo drift, I don't think you will like this one.

Her name is Nathalie Kelley, and she's not Asian either.

Nathalie Kelley was born in Lima, Peru to a Peruvian mother and Argentine father.[1] She moved to Sydney, Australia. She dreamed about being an actress when she was 13 years old, and coincidentally attended the same school as Nicole Kidman; North Sydney Girls High School on Sydney's north shore. When she was 16 she became a salsa dancer which helped her get the money to finish education. Also "The Miss Latin America competition" earned for her a much-needed $1,000 and the next thing she took a year off and went to Brazil. The things Kelley saw there prompted her to shun show business and come home to launch herself into a social science degree.

She studied Politics and International Relations at the University of New South Wales, and also worked as a volunteer with indigenous Australian youth in the inner-city suburb of Redfern before moving to Los Angeles and becoming an actress.

Kelley began her acting career with the lead part in a WB pilot Mermaid, a spin-off of the hit television series Charmed starring Alyssa Milano, Rose McGowan and Holly Marie Combs. In 2006, she appeared in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift alongside Lucas Black and Bow Wow. She has also appeared in several commercials such as the one for "Schick Quattro". In 2007, she appeared in Loaded alongside Jesse Metcalfe.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=N...amp;btnG=Search

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathalie_Kelley

Wow, thank's for the info. I assumed Asian since she was playing Japanese? Well she's certainly gorgeous! I'll have to watch out for that commercial now! Schick Chick! :rolleyes::blink:

Edited by FujimiLover

What's goin' on...

My girlfriend and I saw this today. Definitly entertaining but it's nothing to take serious!!! Like any other movie it's got its share of unrealistic scenes and some bad editing moments. (So What) Like on CHiP's a blow out flat tire can cause a highway pile up but we still kept on watching the series. But then again if watching cars,trucks,and good looking chicks makes you complain ... I saw an advertisment at the theater that the

Hanna Montana The Movie
will be showing soon.

I won't spoil the details go see it. B)

Question is can they top Nathalie Kelly?

It wasn't just her that made me love Tokyo Drift the most, I thought it had one of the coolest chase-seens ever second from D.B. Sweeney and Charlie Sheen's movie "No Man's Land." Would love to build some models of those Porsches!

I saw it about 11:45 opening night... spoilers so don't read if you haven't seen it...

The beginning sequence takes place before tokyo drift cause Han is in it...and talks about the Tokyo scene..then it fast forwards a year or so and happens possibly after Tokyo Drift, but Letty is driving Hammer when it is wrecked as well... plus the ending could place it before Tokyo Drift cause of what happens..

but anyway it was very entertaining, didn't make me think too much, and had some good eye candy.....it was worth my 10 bucks and 2 hours

Gray

I saw it on sunday,it was an OK movie.I would complain about the price of admission but my fiancee bought my ticket.The cars were really nice to look at.The red 1970 Chevelle SS was my favorite.It was when the cars actually began to move that the movie became laughable.The plot holes and flaws are to numerous to list.It's a decent movie to kill a sunday afternoon, especially if your not paying for the ticket.If your a stickler for accuracy and realistic street racing scenes I'd avoid this movie, otherwise you'll spend the entire time picking it apart as I did.This is just my 2 cents, I'm sure some enjoyed it immensely.

WARNING spoilers

ok.. I'm just.... p/oed.. (if I can say that on here?) .. but .. I'm literally sick ... I was let down so bad.. and this "could" be between 1 and 2 because think

1. Where the heck did Brian's shop go? and the black guy go? (remember the end of 2f2f they were going to start their own garage.. what's the deal????

2. he's still a cop... the way I see it.. he let Dom go in the first movie and in this one he's still a cop and maybe "supposedly" he had said that Dom escaped or something.. so he's still a cop etc etc .. then it ties into this movie.. then at the end of this movie.. they break dom out and Dom heads to tokyo (that splits off to tokyo drift) and in the same process Brian takes off and is on the run and that leads into 2f2f

BUT ... (yeah I think too much sorry) ... the opening seen (as stated above it's rare) to 2f2f... it SHOWS him in the rx7 from the original movie doesn't it?? then he sells it and gets the skyline and fixes it up??? .. that would really mess this up.. but then again THAT IS A CUT SCENE maybe at the time they couldn't make their mind up and that's why that scene was cut and is a dvd only thing???

plus the director said it was between 1 and 2f2f? soo.. with that being said.. I guess it goes...

"The" Fast and the furious, Fast and the furious.. and then branches into 2 fast 2 furious and Tokyo Drift

... but honestly.. now it's just really lame.. Han is dead in Tokyo drift.. so that just leaves it... so empty.. what did Dom leave and go to tokyo to find him?.. that's stupid.. he's now dead... and Letty is dead ... so what the heck.. this all ends in a huge let down for me...

Sometimes stories get so big, they all get messed up. It is confusing isn't it? I had always assumed Tokyo Drift was 3F3F, and this was either 1.5 or 2.5

There are some scenes in DVD's that we dont' see in the theatre.

Ever seen Close Encounter's of The Third Kind? In the normal version, they dont' show the main character, Richard Dryfus gathering all the materials to build his big "Devils Mountain". They also don't show him having a confrence with the other alien-encountered folk's with the "officials".

In the extended version, they do show those two scenes, and I actually think the extended one is funnier when they show Richard Dryfus throwing the plant's and rock's into his kitchen window! LOL!

Edited by FujimiLover

Just saw F&F this weekend with Dad. My Dad is so lame when it comes to movies, tv shows, and actors. He thought Vin Diesel was Bruce Willis! LOL! He dont' know Star-Wars from Star-Trek or one character from another. All he knows is Robin Williams and Eddie Murphey. Everybody else he knows "jack"! He just doesn't care to learn either as it doesn't interest him, but it is emberassing to me when he get's it all confused. ;)

Anyway, movie was okay, it definetly takes place between 2F2F and Tokyo Drift, but you have to see the first one to understand the relationship between Brian and Dom.

It helps to see all three before seeing this one. I wouldn't get the DVD to watch it, but only to complete the collection as I've got all the previous ones. I'd give it a C for effort.

Oh, and YES! That was a Ford RS2000 they showed at the begining! Very quick, but it was there!

Edited by FujimiLover

the way I understand it is like this . f&f brian lets disel go. thay split ways and both are on the run. disel goes to mexico

and brian heads to florida, (in a mitsu 3000). with police in tow. ditches the 3000 and gets the skyline. 2f/2f is brians story.

in the correct order. the FBI guy tracks him down and instead of arresting him he recrutes him for a FBI undercover deal. the latest movie was in line but, all actors were not available. so on to tokio.at the end of making tokio, all actors fell in place and director made some small changes in script to tie 2f/2f where brian is with the FBI/ and tokio with HAN.

Han was with disel and his crew in mexico which is supose to be same time frame as brian in miami. so I think 2f/2f and the new one are seperate storys about seperate people based on same time frame. so the original lay out was f&f then 2f/2f then the new one then tokio.

I liked em all and if you like american muscle watch the new one.

It's confusing when they "scramble" movies. Look at Star Wars. There are supposed to be nine in the series. The first three that came out in the 70's were "episodes" 4, 5, and 6. The newest ones that came out recently are 1, 2, and 3. Supposedly, 7, 8, and 9 are coming out some time, not sure when. Only reason Lucas did the second three first was cause what he wanted to do for the first three was not possible at the time. Still, the first , eh, second three that came out first were pretty darn amazing for the time that they did come out. :blink::blink::blink:;):rolleyes:

Confusing ain't it? :P

Well the wife and i went thenight the movie came out and to a packed theater also . i am not a huge fan of rice , but i do have a thing for fast cars and skylines so we have all three on dvd and i really enjoyed the th on in the movie Letty rebuilt the charger from the first movie and that is what i assumed Dom did with Hammer and somehow it ended up in tokyo . and so you have something to look forward to a 5th sequel and it takes place in Brazil

check out here http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Fast-and-Fur...-5.-Yes-5..html

or jump over to cardomain.com

Michael