Model Cars Magazine Forum

wip- Chevy Titan 90

chassis painted.

next I'll spray dullcote on the chassis and tires. then add some washes and pastel chalks .

imgp4979.jpg

imgp4974.jpg

imgp4977.jpg

the wipers are from my parts box. I added real rubber blades to

imgp4989.jpg

bit of work on the exhaust

the stack . i added aluminum to the top part. also added clamps so they line up with the brackets on the air snorkel thing.

gotta pick up some plastic tube so i can make the cross over pipe, i wanna run it on top of the tranny not under the frame like the kit part.

imgp4981.jpg

Edited by JTRACING

starting to add some weathering on the frame

imgp5008.jpg

imgp5003.jpg

imgp5009.jpg

imgp5005.jpg

James,

Awsome work so far, your painting and weathering technique is very realistic. I am curious how you got the black into the cracks around the doors and hinges, its very believable.

Nice Job

Tim

thanks its real simple!, i just use cheap acrylic craft paint from the dollar store. simply brush on, let it fully dry then use a damp cloth and wipe off any paint that got on the body panels.

OK James, question time, the weathering you have done to this model, any chance of some information on what products you've used and how you've applied it, ALL the gory details, please .

The reasons that I'm asking for this information, is that IS a very realistic look you have achieved with what you 've done to it.

So a big pat on the back for you with that lot, well done, now, ALL the details, please.

OK James, question time, the weathering you have done to this model, any chance of some information on what products you've used and how you've applied it, ALL the gory details, please .

The reasons that I'm asking for this information, is that IS a very realistic look you have achieved with what you 've done to it.

So a big pat on the back for you with that lot, well done, now, ALL the details, please.

hi James,

Nice work on the build and great work on the weathering.I think you did a great job on the weathering.the truck has a good real look to the truck.I like it.Thank you,Chris

Hi James,

Your truck is very nice. I really like brand new trucks or just ''cleaned'' but your weathering looks very realistic!!!

I do prefer conventional not COE 's, as you may know here in Europe all the trucks are COE 's and the eye is bored to see again and again COE 's. ;)

waiting your next truck... B)

Kostas.