Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

40 Ford traditional hot rod

Jantrix

Finally some pics. This ones called "Leftovers". If made from kits I have bought to get parts for other projects. This is just going to be a early 60's hot-rod-in-progress. I'm going to fab a wooden rack for a pair of long boards. Nothing too complicated just a nice simple rod. The engine is a Ford 312 y-block.

100_1184.jpg

100_1189.jpg

100_1185.jpg

100_1193.jpg

100_1192.jpg

Edited by Jantrix

:lol::lol: cut 3" out of that top....more leftovers!! :D:lol:

After the modification monster that my Cherry 2000 Mustang was, I want this to be a nice simple hot rod. I'm not a huge fan of chopped tops to tell the truth. Besides, I don't relish the idea of chopping the top and the doors seperately. I have cut out the bed and added some crossmemebers . I'll cut a piece of basswood to simulate a plywood bed floor. I'm going to make a mexian blanket for the seat. And cut out the molded tuck & roll door panels and replace those with wood also. The 312 and wheels/tires are from the AMT 57 Ford Fairlane.

i got a set of stock fenders from a 53 pick up if you wants em :rolleyes:

No thanks pardner. I put on the stock fenders last night. It was my first time using Tenax when I did so and brother color me impressed. I have also begun scratching my surf boards last night, and I'm very happy so far. Pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of shots of my first scratch built surf board. It's in white primer at the moment. I'm still kicking around some pattern ideas for them. I'm going to do a second one with a slightly different design and a bit longer. They were done with 2mm styrene sheet and 1mm sheet for the fin. For cutting them out of the thick styrene, tin snips are your best friend. I'm having a bit of issue with the hinged doors. The hinges work just fine, but the holes in the doors and body for the hinges are over large and will need some careful filling. More soon.

100_1335.jpg

100_1336.jpg