Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chicago Police Blazer WIP

Murphy's Law

I had this kit as a kid and it made a fun toy... I even have one of the tires laying around in a parts box somewhere.

Anyway, this is a Testor's issue from 1980 that came from eBay. I had been kicking around what to do with it and scored one of the light bars from the "Cop Out" dragster and decided to do a little something from the Chicago PD.

Quick, down and dirty, oob (other than decals and lights). This is the first time I've worked with the layered style decals (no idea where they came from) but they laid down very nicely. It'll be a nice shelf piece - if I can find room!

IMG00004.jpg

IMG00003.jpg

IMG00005.jpg

IMG00006.jpg

Yeah, it has the two piece tires. Not a bad kit for a snap together. The molding leaves a little to be desired, but talk about a thick body! It came with the dry transfer decals that stink, hence the change to Chicago. If I remember, they made a pickup as well as the Blazer, both in two versions. Ah, memories of my youth... :angry:

• 3 weeks later...