Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari Enzo

vizio93

I bought this enzo for the drifter WIP challenge. i would like to see it white with black wheels, but now that i put the chrome wheels on it i like them too :o . i still kind of would like to paint them black because i just love the way that skeem looks on any car. here are pics of it with the chrome wheels on it. tell me what you think !!!

100_0676.jpg

100_0677.jpg

100_0678.jpg

Comment !!!

Edited by vizio93

oh yeah? i thought i would have to tape it off. i have a flat black that i think will set the white boy off. I'm thinkin that i should just paint them flat black. it would be easier. i do need to find a place for decals. i want some racing decals like that of a Rolex race car. i like the numbers that they use on the side of this Skyline:

http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/ehobbies-com_2053_75925073

on the wheels, i would lead the outside lip chromed but

here it comes

are you ready for it

any day now

i would suggest

wrapping the spokes in CARBON FIBER

;);):lol:

i mean, it seems to be a returning accent on these drifters

(for crying out loud, im even adding CF accents in mine)

and you want the wheels to be as light as possbile for easy spinning

(like that enzo lack the power to do so ;) )

also on a side note,

to keep the "workbench" section organized and to keep every one involved on thier toes i would suggest deleting this thread and posting your WIP shot and ideas in the driftcar WIP thread we allready have in the "workbench" section ;)

got some new pics to share. I decided not to do it as a drifter, because it doesn't make sense that a person would drift a $680,000 car that there are only, 300 and somethin, of. However it is a nice lookin car.

Here are the pics:

Paint

100_0689.jpg

Engine

100_0695.jpg

100_0699.jpg

Seats

100_0697.jpg

Steering wheel

100_0700.jpg

The interior

100_0702.jpg

Thanx PLEASE COMMENT !!!

so i got a little progress on the Enzo today. I got the brakes looking good. should have some nice results with them.

Here they are:

100_0698.jpg

COMMENT !!!

Your just getting started....1st touchup with silver and get a crisp edge around the caliper, then black wash the holes to bring out depth and make em look more like brakes.....here is a set from my Z12

IMG_0262.jpg

wow those brakes look really good i will try and black wash them like you said. they look great like that.

What color have you painted ur rims?

MM metalizers brass and magnesium mixed,then airbrushed.

How do you black-wash? I'd like to do that on a couple of project's.

I shoot lacquers so my washes are tamiya acrylics mixed with water or thinner at a 1 to 9 ratio

then brush over everything the color will stay in voids ,hole, or along edges. You may need to do this 3 or 4 times .

Edited by MikeMc

• 2 weeks later...

My God, that superbird is GORGEOUS!!! IF you dont mind me asking, how did you get it that shiny? could you break it down for me? I'm really new to the hobby and working on a superbird myself. mine's a 69. great work bud

Ben

"OR" i would paint them black chrome! like whats in the pic!

Smart_Black_Chrome_Wheel.jpg

here is a die-cast superbird in black chrome!

1970_Ply_SBird_29524P_L.jpg