Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 935 with SMS parts

Pete J.

Here is the interior on a Porsche 935 interior with the SMS parts attached. There are a lot of pieces that I turned myself, but for the most part the credit goes to Matthew as SMS.

cockpithighright.jpg

cockpithighleft.jpg

cockpitfromleft.jpg

Pete

Edited by Pete J.

Wow that is beautiful! I can't wait to see the rest of this! Very, very realistic. When you say you "turned" it, do you mean machined on a lathe?

Thank you! Yes I did mean machined on the lathe. The parts I did are the fuel shutoff, the electical relay switch and the compression fittings on the hoses(the orange colored thingees on the end of the hoses) and the gear selector pivot. The machined bolts and flairnut fittings are courtesy of RB Motion. All else is either Tamiya or Scale Motorsport. Pete

Here are a couple of more photos. The front end has a far amount of scratch built pieces. I turned the three fuel pumps, the firebottles, the battery connectors, and all the compression fittings on the hoses. I orignally messed up the plastic fire bottles, trying to use the lathe to take the straps off so I turned a new set from aluminum. The suspension parts are all SMS but the brake lines were a real challenge to route and set.

front21.jpg

brakelines1.jpg

Frontsuspension2.jpg

Edited by Pete J.

I QUIT

Gregg - Considering the source, that is about the best complement I've had. Thanks.

I am glad everyone seems to be enjoying this one. It has been a long build and I have learned a lot. It is nice to know that until a 6" tall driver gets in the car and drives off, there is always something else to learn. Thanks again.

Great work, Pete. I particularly like all the stuff that you're doing yourself. The trunk comparement looks great with fuel-cell, fire supression work, brake reservoir, etc. After seeing Eric Cole's stunning version, I thought about buying one of the SMS detail sets. I never got around to it. You're doing it some serious justice! I can't wait to see more of this one.