Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jacks 49

B67ville

I was asked to chop this car by my daughter, (Jackie) she was building it for me as a gift but wanted it chopped.

So she brought it to me to chop, well a week later she asked if it was done and I told her NO. Told her I was doing something else with the car and it wasn't done yet.

A week later which was the week of my b-day she asked again and I told her no that it wasn't finished.

She told me then that it was a present for me that she wanted to build for me.

So with a breath she said Happy Birthday Daddy finish it at your own speed, and Enjoy.

well I felt bad Naturally and when I had it ready I asked her if she wanted to finish it, she told me that I could do it myself, But it has to be black( why did she say that?).

Anyway here's the chopped and wedge sectioned 49 that I refer to as Jacks 49.

jacks4903-vi.jpg

jacks4902-vi.jpg

I finally put the paint down on it.

Jacks49011-vi.jpg

Jacks4906-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Jerry

Look's mean in black. But if your handy with an airbrush, it needs flames!

I've always been curious as to how people chop their roofs on these models. I've had several "future-projects" that I'd like to chop but have no idea how to blend the chopped part to the rest of the car and make it look natural! Is there a how-to article somewhere in the forum for chopping?

Also, what is meant by sectioning?

Edited by FujimiLover

I've always been curious as to how people chop their roofs on these models. I've had several "future-projects" that I'd like to chop but have no idea how to blend the chopped part to the rest of the car and make it look natural! Is there a how-to article somewhere in the forum for chopping?

Also, what is meant by sectioning?

there are how to articles on chopping, but keep in mind that no two cars chop the same, so what works for one will probably not work for another. its definitely an art, and will take practice to master. sectioning is taking scale inches out of the side of the body to reduce the over all height, if you go to my 32' thread in the big boys section i have pictures of a sectioning in progress towards the end of the first page.

• 2 weeks later...