Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modlbldr

Members
  • Posts

    6,762
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Modlbldr

  1. Wow! I just read through this entire build and I am truly amazed at the restyling work you accomlished. I am currently working on a 63 rebuilder myself so I was interested to see where you went with this. You have pulled off an excellent job of making a custom out of an already beautiful design and made it all flow even more beautifully. Great job! I'll be watching to see the wrap up on this. Later-
  2. Great trade with you too, Mike! I appreciate it very much. Later-
  3. Got this kit in a trade with Mike (mk11). The receipt was in with the kit. Cool inclusion! Later-
  4. Went to Wal-Mart today to pick up some super glue and lacquer thinner and found some of their paints on clearance. Picked up 22 cans for just under $38! Most of it at $1 a can. Later-
  5. PM sent. Thanks. Later-
  6. Yeah, I LIKE that! Great idea making something ordinary outstanding. Looking forward to progress on it. Later-
  7. Peobably the JoHan. Going on a 74 GTX 1/25. I know the Monogram is 1/24. I can work with either though. Later-
  8. That is coming along nicely. It's going to have a great look to it. That Brockmeyer version would be a good one using the IMEX 58 Eldorado. Later-
  9. Iam looking for a Superbird nose cone to use on a project. Doesn't need to be clean or unpainted but decent useable condition is needed. Let me know what you need. Later-
  10. Looks like an interesting idea. I look forward to your progress. Later-
  11. I think it would. It would be a relatively easy repair since it would just be the rockers below the body mold line. I've already started the repairs on the wheel wells with strips of styrene so it is a bit late to patch those in. Later-
  12. Got a chance to do some work on this last night. I focused on the chassis and interior since the weather has been too humid to spray the clearcoat. I didn't shoot any pics of the chassis but here is the interior. All I have left is to add some "carpet" and glue the dash and front bench in. Later-
  13. Got the first bit of the A pillar and wing window repairs done. Needs a bt of clean up. I also puttied and sanded the glue damage on the body. Not really liking the rocker panel repairs so I may cut them off and replace them altogether with some ribbed chrome stips. Still have the rear wheel wells to repair. Later-
  14. Bob, I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. I saw your video on the problems you had with the 5 window. I was the one who traded you for that. If you want to do a trade to get rid of the 5 window, let me know. I'd take it. We could do a swap next time I come to Evansville. Later-
  15. Got the Rivi out of the brake fluid today and began the clean up of the glue rash (no idea what the original builder decided to glue to the roof) and flash. Next is a bit of putty and repairing the A pillar and wing window. Later-
  16. Thank you everyone for your kind words. I am very excited about how this one has turned out so far. Later-
  17. Got the final color sprayed tonight. Just a bit lighter than the Fathom Green. Next will be to airbrush clear nail polish. Later-
  18. I sprayed a base of Testors Fathom green to get a good base and make the nail polish go farther. Today I finished the white top. Now to add a couple more light coats of the green nail polish to lighten it up a bit. Later-
  19. Just arrived from a deal. 63 Olds and the 62 Galaxie for a great price. Both nice, clean examples. Plans are to keep both.like they are for now. This makes my second 63 Olds. The other I have will eventually become a mild custom. Later-
  20. I'm liking the weathering you are doing on this. It is fun to do and you're doing just fine with it. Can't wait to see it with some weathered paint. Later-
  21. I agree! Sure would have been easier if I had remembered it to begin with but not a big problem. Got a bit of the interior done last night. He said the interior was this color of green but the seats were not like these. Later-
  22. I had forgotten that deep in one of our texts back and forth he had told me that it had a white vynil top. So, today I began to remedy that by running strips for the borders and seams. Just a minor mistake that wont take much to fix. I will let the glue dry for a while and co.e back tonight and clean it up. Then I'll peime and get it ready for the white. Later-
×
×
  • Create New...