Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who's going to the NNL Southern Nats?

I'm treating myself to a mini-vacation and am going to the NNL in Atlanta in a few weeks, flying in from California. Who can I expect to meet there? Regardless, I'm looking forward to a whole new NNL experience... Different people... different models... different attitude!

I haven't flown with models in a carry-on since early last year, I hope it hasn't become any more difficult to get past security! Those guys scare me... wanting to reach in and grab my models!

See ya on the 11th!

Steve,

hello my name is Bob and I will be in atlanta this year. I won't be entering anything, just going to enjoy the show and buy as much stuff as the wife will allow. I would not bring anything like glue or paint on the plane. with all the new security I think I would only bring built up kits and try to pack them in a manner that will be easy for security to look at to try to reduce any broken parts. If you need anything (paint-glue) or anything that may cause you airport problems e-mail me and I will try to bring whatever you need as I will be driving in from Knoxville. I'm not hard to find in a crowd 6'1" long haired tattoo coverd freak. we will see you there have a safe trip. just let me know if I can help.

Home Depot/Lowes carry some really nice metal cases w/foam inners, you cut out the foam blocks and insert your models. Great for carry-on luggage, that's how three of us took our models to the NNL East via Air Tran. No damage at all, no problems w/security. Didn't even have to open any of the cases. We looked sort of like the model geek version of the Blues Brothers. All wearing identical ACME shirts and carrying identical cases 8) :lol:

We'll have a "Model RX" table at the show for folks who need a place to sit down and repair a model. We'll have simple tools and glues so if you can't bring or forgot your own emergency supply, you should be able to get it presentable.

Wish I had known a few months ago. Being retired and ona fixed budget, have to make plans way in advance.

"Hope you can make it! There are quite a few driving up from FL; including our club VP who just moved to Tampa"

I live in Largo, just across tha Bay from yur VP ZZ, my e-mail is zebm1@yahoo.com, ask him to drop me a line.

Yall have a great time, but yall shuld know...Hotlanta is NOT tha Real South anymore.......come down to tha Nature Coast sum time and meet real suthern folks.

Zebm1-----tha Center of Gravity is ........always a-changing......Einstein

Steve,

hello my name is Bob and I will be in atlanta this year. I won't be entering anything, just going to enjoy the show and buy as much stuff as the wife will allow. I would not bring anything like glue or paint on the plane. with all the new security I think I would only bring built up kits and try to pack them in a manner that will be easy for security to look at to try to reduce any broken parts. If you need anything (paint-glue) or anything that may cause you airport problems e-mail me and I will try to bring whatever you need as I will be driving in from Knoxville. I'm not hard to find in a crowd 6'1" long haired tattoo coverd freak. we will see you there have a safe trip. just let me know if I can help.

Bob, Thanks for the info. My stuff always travels in a case thats easily viewable, its just that some TSA chiefs always want to grab! Bob Downie says they'll have a repair table available, so I'll count on that if I need anything. See ya at the show!

Steve and everyone else coming, I`ll be easy to spot. Just look for the "OLD MAN" wearing a Black-ROYSTON RC MOTORSPORTS jacket and a "Stroker McGURK" Hat :shock: :D . Looking forward to meeting a lot of you guys there.

RonR