Model Cars Magazine Forum

76 chevy nova

71datsun1200

this is what i started with. i won this junker on ebay along with a chevelle.which is in way better shape then the nova was. anyway here's some pics of how it turned out about after 6-7 months of working on it on and off. it's not the greatest due to it had 2 diffrent coats of paint on it. i had to strip both coats one the blue pictured and under that a purple metalic of some sort. color i used is saphire blue metalic from dupli-color.pontiac engine blue along the the lower panels,bmf and a polish.all parts were form the parts box. a 454 out of a chevelle ss,console and diff from a 70 ss monte kit. wheels,rotors and brakes from a c6r vette. racing seats are out of a die cast ford gt 40 painted blue to match the car. a nos bottle and battery in the trunk area. brake power booster and master cylinder from the parts box. i enjoyed this build because i didn't start with an out of the box kit. i stripped the nova of all it's parts threw them in my parts box and started from there.hope you guys enjoy the pics.

4038_1.jpg

HPIM3096.jpg

HPIM3097.jpg

HPIM3098.jpg

HPIM3099.jpg