Model Cars Magazine Forum

Camel Filters #72

B67ville

I did this back in the late 80's.

I already had a Coors Thunderbird built and decided to build something different, and as Camel was celebrating their 75th Anniversery, I thought it would be fun.

00243CamelFilters72002-vi.jpg

00243CamelFilters72003-vi.jpg

00243CamelFilters72001-vi.jpg

00243CamelFilters72006-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Jerry

• 2 months later...

The process is called an Acrylustration. It's basically finding your subject matter. preferably on glossy paper stock (like a magazine) cleared a LOT then immersed in water face down. let the water soak into the back side then remove it from the water and place it face down, and gently rub the paper off the clear. the cleaner it gets the thinner it gets (naturally), and all that much more fragile it becomes. once that is all done you place it in position and trim (very carefully). Then squeegee the water from under it. Then clear. it's as simple as it sounds. Oh and the whole time your doing this , it can rip or tear easily.

And that is the R.D. version can;t make it any easier. If you try it, be warned it is time consuming and repetitive. It took about 8-9 tries just for the hood on the Camel car. And yes I want to do a new Impala stocker with the new pack design. But all this is useless, as you can scan and print a decal now.