Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cadillac Speed GT Series

Hi Guys…

I’m intended to build the ’07 Cadillac CTS Speed GT

orig_07CTSV_racer.jpg

I was wondering if the Revell’s Cadillac STS kit could be a good donor.. I know the correct model is a CTS but exactly WHAT IS the differences between these two cars?

rmx2051.jpg

What do you guys think about this project??? A lot of work for nothing? :lol:

That WOULD be an awesome project ... Caddy is back ...though Uncle Sam may ditch racing now that it owns GM ((

Here's a few links with differences.. they are dimensionally a little different, but once the racing mods are done to the body the STS may be workable.

CTS vs STS

This gives some dimensional differences.. there appears to be some

dimensions

Edited by Foxer

Jada did a first generation CTS diecast in the Dub City line a couple of years ago. It has large wheels, side skirts, rear spoiler, speakers, and a mildly customized interior. Here's a link to a photo and description, but I'm not sure it's available anymore.

http://www.toywonders.com/productcart/pc/301.htm

The STS and first-generation CTS share the same platform, but there are some dimensional differences as Foxer's links pointed out.

Jim Edwards

Edited by SSNJim

Really cool car there-the Speed GT series is great: real, production-based cars, standing starts, etc.

I didn't think the STS and the CTS were related, but others here probably know more. If you locate a stock CTS (or the STS is close enough), beware and check your references carefully. Every Speed GT CTS I ever saw was heavily modified-the body looks sectioned to my eye.

Yes, they are supposed to be production-based, but every entrant bargained with the SCCA for a particular package (for example, a supercharged Acura NSX ran for a while). It looks to me like the Cadillac team got themselves a very modified body.

I do seem to recall seeing a diecast CTS race car, but I don't remember the scale or manufacturer.

Good luck on your project, I look forward to seeing the results!