Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kurt Johnson's A/C Delco Cavalier Pro Stock

David Thibodeau

This is KJ's Pro Stock Ac delco Cavalier Extreme build. I started with the chassis like I always do on these builds. Alot of cutting, scratchbuilt bars grace this thing to make it a modern pro stock. I used the Summit Racing Firebird pro stock kit as a starting point. The front lower control arms were made from aluminum tubing and PE heim joints. Here are the stage pics from Metallic Grey basecoat to paint. It looks like my WJ car really! Adding the Carbon fiber to the tunnel and wheel wells is a daunting task!

P1010021-vi.jpg

P1010022-vi.jpg

P1010024-vi.jpg

P1010025-vi.jpg

P1010038-vi.jpg

P1010039-vi.jpg

P1010041-vi.jpg

Once the chassis was done and fitted to the body properly, I cut it all apart, finessed it and primed it. Here are a few primer mock ups... The rear wheels have anodized beadlock rings from a slot car supplier. The front wheels are also from the same supplier I believe they are called Pro Track slot cars.

P1010027-vi.jpg

P1010029-vi.jpg

And.... Jumping ahead!!! Its in paint! House of Kolor Kobalt Kandy Basecoat is the ultimate blue. I painted the white and blue. Added one coat of clear, Slixx decals, and more clear.... I have not polished yet but need to do a few areas....

P1010014-vi.jpg

P1010015-vi.jpg

P1010016-vi.jpg

I am in the stage of polishing it now and will have more updates in a few days.....

DaveT

Well the Front end is on its way, scratch built lower control arms, Steering rack ends, and steering shaft.

P1010044-vi.jpg

P1010045-vi.jpg

And here is my new engine plate that I made with my Lathe and mill..... Metal snips, a pin vise, a mallet, and 800 grit paper!!! ;D ;D It was a bargain!!! Aint it cool how it looks like a bowtie? Not intentional!! :P

P1010046-vi.jpg

ANd all the final polishing to perfection was achieved on the paint.....

P1010047-vi.jpg

P1010048-vi.jpg

Stay tuned!