Model Cars Magazine Forum

Back from a yard sale with $2 less than before

Well I just came back from a yard sale where a guy had four kits for sale he wanted $5 for each and i talked him down to $0.50 each and walk away with:mynewkits001.jpg

A Revell '69 dodge superbee opened but sealed inside.

mynewkits004.jpg

mynewkits005.jpg

mynewkits006.jpg

mynewkits007.jpg

A AMT Dodge Viper GTS coupe, started and painted.

mynewkits008.jpg

A Revell Monogram Sting ray III, sealed on the outside (not for long :lol: )

mynewkits003.jpg

And a AMT MacDonald's Racing Team Thunderbird, sealed (not for long :D )

mynewkits002.jpg

Stealing from little kids now I see.... :D

I would have gave him what he asked because it is obvious that the kits are complete. Saddly, you are not providing a good example to that young man regarding what a true modeler is... :lol:

Stealing from little kids now I see.... :huh:

I would have gave him what he asked because it is obvious that the kits are complete. Saddly, you are not providing a good example to that young man regarding what a true modeler is... <_<

Dukesfan didn't say anything about the seller being a kid (as a matter of fact he said "guy"). And if this "guy" didn't wanna sell them for $.50 a piece all he had to say was no. Doesn't seem like rocket science to me. Good score Dukes. And by the way Jairus I hope we all get to become true modelers like yourself. Thank you for all the wonderful examples you've showed us on this message board thoughout the years. :rolleyes:

Stealing from little kids now I see.... :huh:

I would have gave him what he asked because it is obvious that the kits are complete. Saddly, you are not providing a good example to that young man regarding what a true modeler is... <_<

I'm a kid myself.

Dukesfan didn't say anything about the seller being a kid (as a matter of fact he said "guy"). And if this "guy" didn't wanna sell them for $.50 a piece all he had to say was no. Doesn't seem like rocket science to me. Good score Dukes. And by the way Jairus I hope we all get to become true modelers like yourself. Thank you for all the wonderful examples you've showed us on this message board thoughout the years. :rolleyes:

Your the guy was in his late 20's. Thanks Willy.

Ya sure broke the bank on that one... :lol::D

I see some Leafs stuff in the background... I hope you didn't pay anything over $0.50 for that either. :lol:

HAHAHA. I was thinkin' the same thing but I didn't wanna gloat about my Penguins too much. But I will talk as much trash on Marian Hossa as humanly possible... for the rest of my life.

When I saw the first part of the thread, I was thinking "lucky dog..."

But then I saw Jairus' post and thought "oh, now I feel guilty for finding a complete and unstarted metal plated body Tamiya Ferrari 360 for $2 at a yard sale"

But now it's okay... I've come to terms with my Jealousy and Guilt and am happy with myself...

When I saw the first part of the thread, I was thinking "lucky dog..."

But then I saw Jairus' post and thought "oh, now I feel guilty for finding a complete and unstarted metal plated body Tamiya Ferrari 360 for $2 at a yard sale"

But now it's okay... I've come to terms with my Jealousy and Guilt and am happy with myself...

Boy your full of emotions Andrew. :lol: