Model Cars Magazine Forum

I don't build alot - I mostly try to build what I own 1:1 or have owned.

I am currently working on a 1962 F 100 converted from a Promo model as the 1:1 truck I have. I haven't over modded the original model (has alot of issues vs the full size). I'll post some recent pics later but here are a few, I have the "body work" done, chassis built and the white base on it I sprayed last night. The F 150 Supercab in the album was made from 2 AMT long bed regular cab kits. I still need to make the interior tub for it, to be honest I haven't touched that one in a couple years. It will be a 4x4 when done - my Dad still owns the inspiration for it my old 94.

I also do a few model planes mostly 1/32.

I spend most of my "fun" time riding my Harley or working on my full size 62 Uni.

Pic of the Model;

models003-1.jpg

Pic of it's inspiration;

loweruni003.jpg

My photobucket Models album;

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/GregDvsn/Models/

Edited by Greg D

Greg i sent you a Pm regarding the wheels you asked about in a workbench post. the closest match to those on your 1:1 are in the old 80's issue of the Monogram '36 Ford coupe kit. if you can dig one of those up you'll have the wheels you need.

Dave

The ones on the Red coupe I was talking about are actually right on - the ones on my truck are missing the center caps. LOL, I bought those wheels brand new right after they ended production, American Racing had also discontinued the center caps (which are sold separate) and I couldn't get a set. There is company that Summit Racing sells that has a similar one though. I just have too much other work to do on the truck to worry about center caps right now. I'll grab a set when I get to it. Funny thing is my truck is sort of a rat/suede rod, almost has a certain cool without them too.

Edited by Greg D

The 32 kit arrived the other day (Thanks Again Dave!).

I am today painting the wheel backs and inserting brass tubing & plastic sleeve from a flexible control rod (Nyrod) made for RC planes so they will fit the steel axles for the Uni's chassis. I could have drilled out the chassis for bigger axles but the front one runs through the engine and the chassis is built so I went this route.

I had to find some different rear tires too in my junkyard, the 32 kit ones are WAY too tall for my truck, lol.

Body has been painted with the white color coats, now to mask it for the Aqua. Interior tub is done, it was in pretty bad shape so it looks "OK" but not incredible.

Looks like I have a duece roadster kit to build something with now too - it WILL be traditional, (now where did I put that flatty?).

Edited by Greg D

Got the wheels done, fit them with the other body - perfect.

Masked it for the Aqua and sprayed it - cross your fingers, lol.

I want a red pinstripe between the colours, any suggestions? Will need to be about 1/32 thick or maybe less. The 1:1 Uni will have one when it gets final paint too.

Edited by Greg D