Model Cars Magazine Forum

What A Day !!

Hi Everyone

I woke up this morning and fell getting out of bed into my wheel chair and thought I should just go back to bed it was gonna be one of THOSE days.

Well It's turned out worse and it's only 4PM.

Thursday and Friday are my wifes days off work and on those days we watch our two grand daughters in order to help out the kids so they can work and keep some of the money instead of giving it to a day care center. Well starting today we only watch one, the youngest

(She'll be in Sept.) Her sister started Pre-School today.

Grandma tries to keep her busy with the usual play stuff girls like. Unfortunately she would rather play with her Hot wheels cars and track.

This morning while sitting by my modeling bench having my morning coffee and trying to wake up, she snuck up behind me and scared the coffee right out of my hands and all over my crotch and our gray miniature poodle. ( I had the same thought I had earlier). While trying to clean up the coffee I bent over and hit my head on the vise mounted to my work table. I sat their with my eyes scrunched shut and dropped the cigarette I had in my mouth between my legs and burned my nether region's even more. I flipped out of the wheel chair and flopped on the floor like a fish on the deck of a boat.

OK now that I have settled in I took my meds. and started brush painting some detail on one of the models I'm working on. Well my Grand baby is at that age and she was sitting by me asking what's this, what's that, and what's this some more. So I told her I was painting with Green and she said ohhh geen. I put the paint away and started to try and teach her some more of her colors before her and grandma get together for study time. I was using paint bottles and having her repeat the names. Everything went well until I looked down at her and she had a new razer knife carving up the interior door panels of the car I am working on. I panicked and took the knife away from her before she cut herself bad. I should have let her keep it. I dropped the knife and it stuck in my leg, not deep or anything just enough to make me jump in my chair and spill another cup of coffee. I said that's it I quit for the day and off I went to watch some boob tube. about fifteen minutes later I heard my wife yelling in the family room. I went in and saw the disaster. My Grand Daughter had the bottle of Pactra Green paint dumped all over the beige carpeting and the white and gray poodles were now green and tracking the paint all over. My grand daughter told grandma she spilled her coffee just like Papa did but she had one thing right , She called it GREEN not geen. Now the house smells like mineral spirits, the dogs are green, My wife is totally Peed off at me and I have the same thought I had this morning. It's 4:30 PM now and the little one is sleeping The carpet cleaners are called for tomorrow morning, I have a head ache, a burn in a bad spot, a cut on my leg and I'm sitting here thinking isn't life wonderful, I wonder if I'll miss when I'm gone. Thanks to my son the green paint is out of the carpet but it still smells bad though out the house.

I can't remember ever having a day like today.

God love grand children and my clumsiness

I had to share this because it's only supposed to happen this way in the movies.

Ernie :(

As my parents used to tell my brothers, at least with grandkids, you can send theme back! As for movies, art imitates life! As Uncle Buck said, "Tomorrow will be a better day, it always is."

as he's poring beer into the dogs bowl for the dog to drink! LOL!

Edited by FujimiLover

Stop it Ernie, STOP IT! :lol::lol: I need to take a breath! Sorry brother but I am in stitches with laughter here! All at your expense. Sorry man. Hope you are okay and there is no lasting injuries. No doubt you won't be able to afford a new model or two for a while whilst you make it up to the missus fo the carpet.

They are precious the little grandkids, aren't they? I have four grand daughters and a grandson, all between 2 and 11 years of age. I think most of them think I'm a silly old bugger but they love coming to visit the wife and I. I wouldn't change any of them for the world and I love those precious moments that you have with them. They really make me laugh at times, and I think I make them laugh also.

Hope the dogs aren't scarred for life mate! Maybe they like being green!

Cheers and thanks for the laugh Ernie. I hope tomorrow is a better day! ;)

Holy cow Earnie! What a chain of events.. but you know it will become one of your best stories in a month when you heal! I came away wishing I still smoked and could burn myself .. :lol: I also suspect that grand daughter could be the next modeler in your line!

Hope you have a better day today. :lol: