Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rod Shop Charger

Hello

I was working on this one at the same time I was building the Landy Charger.

I know I made at least 4 mistakes on it now in hindsight. It has the wrong hood, I should have filled in the door scallops, it should be a 383 (it is a 440) and I put the drivers name in the wrong spot on the roof instead of below the window on the door.

I am working on a Motown Missle Cuda and am spending more time looking at the photos to try and get it closer to the real thing. :)

Thanks

IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3321.jpg

IMG_3320.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

You know ,,, if you didn't point out these items , that you could have done different

I wouldn't have ever known !

What I see is a nice clean build !

Build ON !

Don

Dave Boertman! I used to watch him race at our local small town dragway with his wife Linda way back in the early 70's! He used to come up to our track to practice several times a year and was the "Big Name" draw at the track. I used to LOVE seeing the Rod Shop Dodge's in Hot Rod and other magazines. Thanks for bringing back some great memories.

Was that a kit? Decal set? What's the story on this build?

Ken

Hello

I always liked the Rod Shop Dodge cars. I have fond memories of them at both the Springnationals and the US nationals.

I used photos off the web and from my old photos as a guide. I believe I have a photo of the the only husband vs wife final when he faced off against Linda's Dodge Coronet Wagon.

The kit was a AMT 71 charger with rims and tires from a Sox & Martin GTX. The decals were off ebay.

I am thinking down the road sometime of doing the white hemi charger. Would love to find a resin body to do the wagon but have never seen one on the web anywhere.

Have a Great day

Caine440

Jeez, man, you're just like me! Unflinchingly critical of your own builds, ready, willing, and able to point out the most microscopic of gaffes. No need to apoligize- this is a beautiful build! One of AMT's best ever, and you made it even better.

Man, wish I'd hung onto my 1:1 '71 Charger...

• 3 weeks later...