Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Touring 69 Camaro

olarge1

The NNL Summer Classic is 8/22 and has a Pro touring theme this year so I thought I would do a Camaro, I took apart an old project I never finnished and started mocking up a 4 link suspention .. I need to get coil overs? any one have any ideas on how to make some? Or a good place to buy?

2009_0720models0010.jpg

2009_0720models0018.jpg

Dave, those shocks came out nice, but, you GOTTA take the Revellogram B/S that's in front of the gas tank off. All your hard work will be for naught if the judges see it! Stuff like that can make or break a model that's runnung for a win! Jus a hint of advice, no harm intended. :);)

Dave, those shocks came out nice, but, you GOTTA take the Revellogram B/S that's in front of the gas tank off. All your hard work will be for naught if the judges see it! Stuff like that can make or break a model that's runnung for a win! Jus a hint of advice, no harm intended. B):lol:

this is just an old parts box kit im using for mock up, untill my new Camaro get here...thanks

Have you thought about using airbags?....these can easily be scratchbuilt usingsmall rubber 'o'rings from the hardware store and aluminium or styrene tubing..and if you do them as 'Shockwave' bags,they have an integral shock,so you don't need to add shocks........

I did think about it I was looking @ these thinking i would need to use a flaring tool to make the cups?

might be cheaper to just buy em'

PR31.jpg

I did think about it I was looking @ these thinking i would need to use a flaring tool to make the cups?

might be cheaper to just buy em'

PR31.jpg

Why not take a pop rivet and remove the nail to make the cups. You should be able to find one in the right size and length.

Those 'flared aluminium pieces' are available in packs of 100 at most craft stores like Michaels or Jo Annes Fabric-can't remember what they're called.Also,thev're not quite correct. Get a car mag like Street Rod or Rod n Custom,look at the ads for this type of thing. Very easy to do with straight aluminum tubing.....

I have to ask, what are those seats from? they look amazing in there!

This is gonna be a cool build!

Thanks,

The seats are from AMTs 57 Ford Fairline kit they come as a custom option, I think they work well for a Pro touring look .. I think Im going to re- do the door pannels I just havend decided what I want yet.. thanks for the comments.

love this one! cant wait to see it finished. here is one i did last year, its a amt 67 camaro with a b.b. 427fi, with full wiring and pegasus wheels .

Thanks...nice 67' that big block is sweet

finnished the mock up on the rear end and did the door pannels..

So much to do and so little time :lol:

2009_0725models0002.jpg

2009_0725models0005.jpg

Thanks Guys , Appreciate it , any comments are welcome,

Got some color on the Chassis today hard to tell from the Pic the difference in the frame rails (gloss black) and the floor pans (semi gloss) the difference is subtle but noticeable, front coil springs in.. every thing is coming together..

I have to go out of town for 10 days…so trying to get as much done today as possible

2009_0727models0005.jpg

2009_0727models0002.jpg