Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Touring 69 Camaro

olarge1

How'd you get the wheels to fit with the stock axles and such?

I tryed it a while back(my skills are no where near yours) and they stuck out of the fender wells.

I shaved the center down a little @ a time till i got the fit i wanted .. I also had to clearence the inner fender well a bit but not much here is quick pic .. hope this helps..

post-4392-1248661561_thumb.jpg

Man...you got this heading in the right direction....Great work so far.. :D

The interior looks sweet with the seats and fantastic new door trims....Rear end is tops as well... B)

Going to be a tuffy when done..

Man...you got this heading in the right direction....Great work so far.. :D

The interior looks sweet with the seats and fantastic new door trims....Rear end is tops as well... B)

Going to be a tuffy when done..

Sounds like winter in Uki gets stump going on kits. Great job Stump.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Slow but steady, had to fill the Corvette script on the engine covers, the color is Tamiya Gun Metal gloss I think it looks like a charcoal gray metalic?.. sprayed the mist coats today also , need to wet sand then shoot the wet coats to get the gloss up.. dosent look like I will make the NNL, boss man says I have to work :) but who knows the flu just might be going around by then...LOL

2009_0810models0001.jpg

2009_0810models0002.jpg

ONE WEEK TO GO ...I will have to thrash...I just got the ok from the boss today.. I can have Sat off :D ..SWEEEET...now soo much to do. I finnished polishing out he body tonight, orderd the PE emblems hope there here in time looks like finial assembly will be late Friday night :lol: .. I do have Wed off so can get a full day in.

I was thinking a carbon fiber hood would look cool with this color and fit the pro touring theam? what do you guys think?

post-4392-1250569641_thumb.jpg

post-4392-1250569661_thumb.jpg

post-4392-1250569679_thumb.jpg

Edited by olarge1

ONE WEEK TO GO ...I will have to thrash...I just got the ok from the boss today.. I can have Sat off :D ..SWEEEET...now soo much to do. I finnished polishing out he body tonight, orderd the PE emblems hope there here in time looks like finial assembly will be late Friday night :lol: .. I do have Wed off so can get a full day in.

I was thinking a carbon fiber hood would look cool with this color and fit the pro touring theam? what do you guys think?

A carbon fiber hood would be sweet, although I've always thought a carbon-fiber stripe(s) down the hood and deck would be awesome.

This is Motiv8r, Larry Callahan's (the owner of Pro-Touring.com) '68 Camaro. Those are real carbon fiber panels under the paint. If I remember right he did the front valance between the hood and grill, the hood, the wiper panel and trunk lid all in carbon fiber.

Motiv8r.jpg

Kyle "LOBBS" Laubscher