Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gone in Sixty Seconds build off?

The Red Ranger

I was wondering what the appeal would be for the first 50 people (if that many people were even interested) wanted to build all the cars on the boost list of 2000's Gone in Sixty Seconds. I searched the forums and there hasn't been anything like this.... let me know if you are interested.

The Rules

1.) If it appeared in the movie, it must look like it's movie counterpart. If you go to Gone in 60 Seconds you can find a picture of every car that appears in the movie for reference. Of coarse if you own the movie, watching it may not be a bad idea :P.

2.) If you pick a car with no name, name it yourself, obviously don't give it the same name as another car on the list.

3.) If you pick a car that doesn't appear in the movie, build it to look like it would actually be on the list. Remember "these aren't Honda Civics" these cars are high end so they must be pretty looking.

4.) These are the cars from the 2000 version of the movie, my appeal for doing this build is we never get to see all 50 cars in the movie, so maybe now we finally get to see them all together.

LASTLY and MOST IMPORTANTLY: PM me if you want to build a car, please don't just post it here, I may not be able to check the thread every day for anyone who wants a car, so if you PM me I will certainly be able to know to add you to the list. Now definitely post what you are building on here as fast as possible in case we run into a case of someone wanting to build the same thing, I don't want to seem like I'm picking favorites, but please make sure to message me after you post in here, what you want to build.

Still Available:

1 1999 Aston Martin DB7 - Mary

2 1962 Aston Martin DB1 - Barbara

3 1999 Bentley Arnage - Lindsey

4 1999 Bentley Azure - Laura

5 1964 Bentley Continental - Alma

6 1959 Cadillac El Dorado - Madeline

7 1958 Cadillac El Dorado Brougham - Patricia

8 1999 Cadillac Escalade - Carol

9 2000 Cadillac El Dorado STS - Daniela

10 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible - Stefanie

11 BOOSTED

12 1953 Chevrolet Corvette - Pamela

13 BOOSTED

14 2000 Ford F350 4x4 modified pick-up - Anne

15 1971 DeTomaso Pantera - Kate

16 BOOSTED

17 BOOSTED

18 1995 Ferrari 355 B - Diane

19 1997 Ferrari 355 F1 - Iris

20 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB4 - Nadine

21 1999 Ferrari 550 Maranello - Angelina

22 1987 Ferrari Testarosa - Rose

23 1956 Ford T-Bird - Susan

24 2000 GMC Yukon - Megan

25 BOOSTED

26 1999 Infiniti Q45 - Rachel

27 1994 Jaguar XJ220 - Bernadene

28 1999 Jaguar XK8 Coupe - Deborah

29 1990 Lamborghini LM SUV - Gina

30 1999 Lexus LS 400 - Hillary

31 1999 Lincoln Navigator - Kimberley

32 1957 Mercedes Benz 300 SL/Gullwing - Dorothy

33 1999 Mercedes Benz CL 500 - Donna

34 BOOSTED

35 1998 Mercedes Benz SL 600 - Ellen

36 BOOSTED

37 BOOSTED

38 BOOSTED

39 1965 Pontiac GTO - Sharon

40 BOOSTED

41 2000 Porsche Boxster - Marsha

42 1961 Porsche Speedster - Natalie

43 1988 Porsche 959 - Virginia

44 1997 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo: Tanya

45 2000 Rolls Royce Stretch Limousine - Grace

46 BOOSTED

47 BOOSTED

48 2000 Toyota Landcruiser - Cathy

49 1998 Toyota Supra Turbo - Lynn

50 2000 Volvo Turbo Wagon R - Lisa

Builders Boosts:

1969 Plymouth Superbird - Jessica - DusterDemon

1969 Dodge Daytona - Vanessa - DusterDemon

1967 Shelby GT500: Eleanor - 93Z34

36 1951 Mercury Custom: Gabriela - Remingtonbox

1966 Shelby AC Cobra: Ashley - moparmagiclives

2000 Mercedes-Benz S600: Samantha - Mr Mike

1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda: Shannon - 1320Wayne

1999 Porsche 996: Tina - The Red Ranger

1967 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: Stacey - olarge1

1998 Dodge Viper GTS: Denise - vizio93

1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28: Erin - Moonpie

1971 Ford Mustang: Eleanor - dwc43

1999 Humvee 2-Door Pickup: Tracy - Zukiholic

Edited by The Red Ranger

Sounds cool, can we invent our own names for those cars who are nameless? I noticed that both Lamborghini's did not have names assigned to theme.

There is a web site dedicated to movie cars and I keep forgetting the link to it, but it has been posted here before. You type in the name of the movie, and it will provide a big list of all cars featured in the film.

One thing to note, not all cars that were on the list were actually shown in the film, so one would have to guess. I remember seeing the purple Diablo that Memphis and Sway stole, but I don't ever recall seeing a Countach in the movie.

I'm sure somebody is going to ask this, but what about cars from the original Gone in Sixty Seconds film?

I think the Countach should be Jill, and the Diablo Marcy.

Edited by FujimiLover

One thing to note, not all cars that were on the list were actually shown in the film, so one would have to guess. I remember seeing the purple Diablo that Memphis and Sway stole, but I don't ever recall seeing a Countach in the movie.

i think the countach was driving into the shipping containers at one point. i think it was yellow?

i don't remember seeing a viper. i wouldn't mind doing it thought. B)

They show a blue Super Bird being loaded up, but it's not on the list, unless the Plymouth list is incorrect.

And doing the cars from the original would be fun too. It was a much better movie than the second one anyways.

They show a blue Super Bird being loaded up, but it's not on the list, unless the Plymouth list is incorrect.

And doing the cars from the original would be fun too. It was a much better movie than the second one anyways.

Yes I changed it, to my knowledge they never show a Roadrunner but they do have the Superbird in the container, so I have changed that now.

I think it would be a neat idea!!!

would the cars have to look like they did in the movie?

If the car can be seen in the movie then yes, it should look like it did in the movie. Otherwise if it's on the list but is not viewable then you can get creative. I think both ways strike a challenge, A) how close can you get the cars to look like they are from the movie, and :P how good can you make a car look like it would have been on the list?

I never really saw the older movie. Maybe small bit's of it. But I really enjoyed Nicolas Cage as Memphis. This sounds like a cool build-off idea. And I agree, those that were on the list but never seen should be built as the builder imagines it. Those actually used, should be built as close to the movie vehicle as possible. The Diablo was hard to tell since it was stolen at night, but I think it was the dark purple color.

1962 Aston Martin DB1 Barbara

1971 DeTomaso Pantera Kate

2000 Ford F350 4x4 Anne

1954-57 Mercedes-Benz SL300 Gullwing Dorothy

1987/88 Porsche 959 Virginia

1961 Porsche Speedster Natalie

i have this movie, and watching it several time since i was a kid! i never saw these cars in the movie!

i have this movie, and watching it several time since i was a kid! i never saw these cars in the movie!

I don't remember them in the movie either, but to my knowledge the actual list has been confirmed by people who pause and freeze frame the movie when they showed the list.

I bet that in both movies, some cars that were in those lists were either too rare to use in the film, or too expensive or hard to get and possibly weren't in the filming. It's pretty expensive to use even the cars they did use in the movies. Imagine trying to source out all of those 50-100 cars.

Plus, I think it would make the movie a lot longer if they tried to stuff all those cars in the script as well. Just my thoughts.

I'll be keeping an eye on this build! One of my favorite movies and next on my Itunes list.

Edited by FujimiLover

I bet that in both movies, some cars that were in those lists were either too rare to use in the film, or too expensive or hard to get and possibly weren't in the filming. It's pretty expensive to use even the cars they did use in the movies. Imagine trying to source out all of those 50-100 cars.

Plus, I think it would make the movie a lot longer if they tried to stuff all those cars in the script as well. Just my thoughts.

I'll be keeping an eye on this build! One of my favorite movies and next on my Itunes list.

It would have been much much longer if they tried to include all the cars. I mean I suppose they could have done one or two more scenes where they were loading containers but meh who wants to do that.

If it were me and they needed say a DB1 or something, I would offer my services for free just so I can say look my car is in a movie ya know? Considering the owners of these kinds of cars likely aren't as down to earth as I am though they are probably pretty up tight about it.

I know in Fast and Furious, all of them, they held open casting calls and they got hundreds of people, but I guess thats the difference between tuner owners and exotic owners.

If I had a high-priced exotic car, I wouldn't trust movie-makers with it! Lord knows what would happen to it, and I doubt any insurance company would cover movie cars even if they were just extras.

Now back to the build, I'll have to see what I can come up with as it sounds like fun. I was actually going to think of the same thing my self after I started my Cannonball Run build-off. Would love to see more photo's of previously built cars in there! Any previously built model kit of cars seen in movies are excepted.

What would be a good model kit to do Nicolas Cage's Eleanor with? I'd like to attempt that one.

Edited by FujimiLover

If I had a high-priced exotic car, I wouldn't trust movie-makers with it! Lord knows what would happen to it, and I doubt any insurance company would cover movie cars even if they were just extras.

Now back to the build, I'll have to see what I can come up with as it sounds like fun. I was actually going to think of the same thing my self after I started my Cannonball Run build-off. Would love to see more photo's of previously built cars in there! Any previously built model kit of cars seen in movies are excepted.

What would be a good model kit to do Nicolas Cage's Eleanor with? I'd like to attempt that one.

Yeah but on the set of Fast and Furious the actual drivers of the cars drove them in the movie, so you wouldnt have to worry about it if its just a shot of the cars sitting next to the containers and stuff. Even if Nic Cage or Scott Caan had to drive my car if it was only for a shot, I would do it. Just me I guess. lol.

There was a lot of expensive cars used in the first movie. Such as Ascot Parks owner J.C. A.'s Rolls Royce, Parneli Jones "Oly" Bronco, a Manta, several limo's, a Stutz, and many others. Most of them owned by Halicki himself.

Your list needs a couple of corrections. The Superbird is a 70, not a 69. The custom Merc is a 51 not a 50. And the Pantera is in the movie. There is a quick shot of it in the background being prepared to be loaded into a crate. It's lime green in color. Most people watching the movie don't see all of the cars because they are quick shots in the background when you are concentrating on the subject vehicle in the foreground.

And, if no one has claimed it yet I would like to do Shannon, 71 Hemi Cuda.

There was a lot of expensive cars used in the first movie. Such as Ascot Parks owner J.C. A.'s Rolls Royce, Parneli Jones "Oly" Bronco, a Manta, several limo's, a Stutz, and many others. Most of them owned by Halicki himself.

Dont forget all the new Cadillacs that got rammed in the dealer lot ;)

Dont forget all the new Cadillacs that got rammed in the dealer lot ;)

Too late. I already forgot about them. Thing about that was, it was a screw up. Only the first two cars belonged to Halicki the cop car was going wayyy to fast and slammed them all into each other and totaled them. The Caddy dealer was a friend of Halicki and I wonder how good a friend they were after that happened ... lol.

Even the light pole crash was a screw up that just happened to work out when the car restarted and drove off. The scene with the cop hanging out the car window saying it just hit a pole was written and added in later.

Too late. I already forgot about them. Thing about that was, it was a screw up. Only the first two cars belonged to Halicki the cop car was going wayyy to fast and slammed them all into each other and totaled them. The Caddy dealer was a friend of Halicki and I wonder how good a friend they were after that happened ... lol.

Even the light pole crash was a screw up that just happened to work out when the car restarted and drove off. The scene with the cop hanging out the car window saying it just hit a pole was written and added in later.

I see you have the DVD with the special features too ;)