Model Cars Magazine Forum

Maybe you road racing guru's

can help me out. I am looking fro pics for the SCCA Camaros that ran in the early to mid 90's. (93-96) Engine, chassis, whatever direction anyone can point me in. Thanks, Chris.

I am specifacly building the Highway Masters SCCA Camaro and am in need of reference. Google sucks for this. Was on and punched in a few different ways and got nothing that will really help.

can help me out. I am looking fro pics for the SCCA Camaros that ran in the early to mid 90's. (93-96) Engine, chassis, whatever direction anyone can point me in. Thanks, Chris.

I am specifacly building the Highway Masters SCCA Camaro and am in need of reference. Google sucks for this. Was on and punched in a few different ways and got nothing that will really help.

You need to find the September 1993 Racer magazine. It has a great In-focus of that car. In-focus was a series where they took a car into a studio and did a great series of photo documenting the car. Sadly they dropped that feature. Also Motor Racing Motor News did a feature on it at some time in its brief run.

Mike

Those are great photos! Thanks for posting them.

I have a Mustang Trans-Am car on the bench, and ran into the same problem trying to find reference material. What I did find was that the real cars actually look a lot simpler than the kit. I believe that the Camaro kit was retooled from the '89-90 Trans-Am Mustangs, which were in turn retooled from the '85-87 IMSA GTO Mustangs. This is ok-they all used the popular Riley and Scott chassis. I'm guessing that the differences are due to the original IMSA GTO subjects being endurance racers as opposed to Trans-Am cars that ran sprint races.

I'm planning on cleaning up a lot of the extraneous and molded-on stuff and hopefully building a more-accurate model.

One thing I spent a lot of time on was trying to figure out oiling system plumbing. I've got it all worked out-but where is the dry-sump pump supposed to go??? There are pulleys for two accessories, but one of those looks to be for power steering and the other I assume is the alternator (not included in the kit, btw).

Those are great photos! Thanks for posting them.

I have a Mustang Trans-Am car on the bench, and ran into the same problem trying to find reference material. What I did find was that the real cars actually look a lot simpler than the kit. I believe that the Camaro kit was retooled from the '89-90 Trans-Am Mustangs, which were in turn retooled from the '85-87 IMSA GTO Mustangs. This is ok-they all used the popular Riley and Scott chassis. I'm guessing that the differences are due to the original IMSA GTO subjects being endurance racers as opposed to Trans-Am cars that ran sprint races.

I'm planning on cleaning up a lot of the extraneous and molded-on stuff and hopefully building a more-accurate model.

One thing I spent a lot of time on was trying to figure out oiling system plumbing. I've got it all worked out-but where is the dry-sump pump supposed to go??? There are pulleys for two accessories, but one of those looks to be for power steering and the other I assume is the alternator (not included in the kit, btw).

The pump would mount on the passenger side of the engine up against the pan rail. The drive is a belt off of the front of the crankshaft.