Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvair Van Project

skitt

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum here, glad to be here. I built this van a few years back and offered it for a while as a resin kit then. Got busy in life and put it on the back burner for a while. So recently I had to move the web site from Geocities on Yahoo because Geocities was going away, so i''ve migrated everything over to Google. Just wanted to share...

http://sites.google.com/site/corvairmodelkitproject/home

I would welcome any interest or comments you all have on the Corvair Van and how I made it.....also known as the Corvan.

Best,

Skitt

Shawn

Welcome to the forum and ZOWIE on the van! Using Alias to model a vehicle in hard plastic is quite a feat and something I always imagined doing, but never had the means (I have used 3d Studio since the day it came out) The whole thing looks really good! :lol:

Thanks for kind words. I have been modeling since 1996.....moved on to Maya and have used Max......but not very often on Max. I was very good at nurbs modeling and that hows the van started with complex curves.

Shawn (Skitt)

Welcome to the forum and ZOWIE on the van! Using Alias to model a vehicle in hard plastic is quite a feat and something I always imagined doing, but never had the means (I have used 3d Studio since the day it came out) The whole thing looks really good! :)