Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 Coronet "Pitchfork" hood

Here is a new master that my friend, Frank Bennett. Mastered for me a few days ago. This is going into the rubber tonight. I also have a 70 Coronet R/T tail light piece and side scoops that will go with this to make a conversion kit. But the hood will be offered on it's own also.

Matt

pitchfork.jpg

Guest Gramps-xrds
Here is a new master that my friend, Frank Bennett. Mastered for me a few days ago. This is going into the rubber tonight. I also have a 70 Coronet R/T tail light piece and side scoops that will go with this to make a conversion kit. But the hood will be offered on it's own also.

Matt

pitchfork.jpg

I hate to tell you this, but that isn't a new master. That hood came from the old MPC scat city dodge funny car. I got 1 in my hand that I've had for more yrs than I care to count. But I'm sure a lot of ppl would like to have a copy of it anyway. :lol::lol::o

I hate to tell you this, but that isn't a new master. That hood came from the old MPC scat city dodge funny car. I got 1 in my hand that I've had for more yrs than I care to count. But I'm sure a lot of ppl would like to have a copy of it anyway. :P:D:P

I hate to tell you. YOU ARE WRONG! This IS a new master. Frank took the scoop from that hood that you are holding in your hand, and graft it to the hood from the newer Pro Street hood so that we would have a good fit with the kits that are avalable. :P You need to know your facts before you try to show off your BIG BRAIN. ;):D:P

Guest Gramps-xrds
I hate to tell you. YOU ARE WRONG! This IS a new master. Frank took the scoop from that hood that you are holding in your hand, and graft it to the hood from the newer Pro Street hood so that we would have a good fit with the kits that are avalable. You need to know your facts before you try to show off your BIG BRAIN.

OH WOW I FEEL SO STUPID NOW :rolleyes::lol::lol:

I hate to tell you but if he grafted it on a newer hood he wasted his time unless he got hold of a bad hood because the original hood fits on the AMT 70 coronet and RT just fine, but since your brain is so much bigger than mine then

You must know everything ;):P:P:P:P

Oh by the way. Here's the proof. My hood actually is a little tight.

Hmmmm suddenly I don't feel so stupid now. ;);)

Dscf1023.jpg

Edited by Gramps-xrds

Guest Gramps-xrds
Don't worry, Gramps!!!

I have a Modelhaus hood and it is a little tight too. Nothing that a few swipes with an emory board can't fix.

Marc

B):D Thanks Marc, but mine isn't a resin repop. It's the original MPC hood. But you're right it's an easy fix if I wanted to use it on the AMT coronet. I think I'll just keep it on the MPC dodge it came on. :P;)

Well, I guess I should let you know that the Dencon hood is a new version of that older hood. Like you guy's said the original hood fit's tight on the newer kit body and yes you can get the sides to fit better by sanding them down. But, the real reason this hood was remastered is to make it fit better around the GRILL area, the old Modelhaus hood doesn't fit as nice on the newer kit grill, ..kinda off.... Plus not everyone has that old Modelhaus original hood. Dencon's hood is just a newer improved and readily availible part, that yes I remastered for Dencon..................Frank

Here is the old hood center grafted on the newer hood.....

S7300917-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Primed and ready to go.....

S7300919-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Guest Gramps-xrds

Well Frank I'm glad you chimed in. In no way was it my intent to demean what you did. I think it's great that you made it for ppl who don't have or can't get the old MPC dodge. But when I hear some yahoo telling me it's a new hood, well I just have to correct him ;):lol::lol: and then he has the nerve to try and insult my intelligence by saying I don't know what I'm talking about. You can just bet I'm gonna jerk his chain for a while. That little boy better learn what HE'S talking about. In fact it's a corrected version of the old hood, not a new master. As for modelhause's hood not fitting, well I have no idea what they did to mess it up. The original hood I have fits with no issues.I'd venture to say the only reason this one is tight on coronet is because the tie bar is still on that car. Once they are cut free the fenders have a tenancy to spread a little.

DSCF1028.jpg

DSCF1026.jpg

I just wanted to let you know I have no issues with what you did, only with ppl who think they know everything. ;);)

Hey no problem at all, ....I think you just caught Matt at a bad moment, he's not really like that and really takes pride in his products, so maybe he was a little defensive about it, but like I said he takes pride in his product's so go easy on him ok?...........but yeah the hood Matt handed me to rework was pretty rough and the centerline had a curve to it.... I made a new centerline from a thin strip of evergreen plastic to correct that and the front of the hood didn't quite fit well on the newer kit, so to make it easier for those interested in this hood, it was reworked to be a easy fit part with no hassle's...........Frank

Guest Gramps-xrds

I'm glad you're not offended. As for Matt, I'm afraid he got defensive with the wrong grouchy old man ;) . There's nothing more fun than twisting someone's panties in a knot. :lol::lol:;)

Frank, you did a REALLY nice job on your conversion, it looks better than factory! As for Bill, He's been building for longer than ALOT guys here have been BREATHIN! His JUNK looks better than ALOT of guys good stuff! Maybe the newbies should show some respect to the older builders here, caz ALOT of them have forgotten more stuff then they(the newbies)

have YET to learn! I don't know this Dencon person, but he should have more respect and patience with folks he doesn't even know. He could learn ALOT more than he already knows, an he doesn't SOUND like a dummy. WE can ALL learn new stuff, Like I did jus by readin this thread! You do EXCELLENT work Frank, hope to see more of it in the furure! :D:lol:

I will say that I was a little out of line in ONE thing I said. And I am sorry for saying the "Brain" thing to Gramps. BUT. As for the respect thing. First off. I am no young guy and no where near new to this hobby. I have been building award winning models for a few decades. I have been casting resin for close to 16 years. I know what I am doing. Also I started the thread. I was not disrespecting anyone. Gramps came on telling me I was wrong right out of the box. Telling me that this item was something that it is not. Just a repop of an old hood, which in fact, as Frank proved, is a new master, redone, whatever. So don't you think that Gramps was the one disrespecting. I have never gone into any of his posts EVER and start "Pulling His Chain" nor anyone else on this board. Why did he feel it appropriate to do this to me? Again I feel that I was out of line in the one thing I said and I am truly sorry for that. BUT I would have never done anything like that to him or anyone else on this board. Come into his or anyone's thread with a negative reply about something I know nothing about. He did IN FACT state this without knowing about the hood that I post in this thread. His post was:

"I hate to tell you this, but that isn't a new master. That hood came from the old MPC scat city dodge funny car. I got 1 in my hand that I've had for more yrs than I care to count. But I'm sure a lot of ppl would like to have a copy of it anyway."

He stated like he knew for a fact that this hood that I was showing was just a COPY of the hood he has, when in fact it was not.

All of that does not matter. What matters is that GRAMPS came onto MY thread and disrespected me. Remember what you mom always use to say to you, "If you do not have anything nice to say. Don't say anything." There was no need for his reply like that on this thread. Here it is my thread and I am the bad guy. Respect goes both ways.

What bothers me the most is ME. Yesterday, because of other things. I was in an irritated mood, and I allowed this guy to get under my skin, when in other days I would have just blown him off. Not worth my time. Because I let that happen. I made myself look bad, and that is bad on my part. I am old enough to know better. I know what I have and I let that speak for itself.

Matt

Edited by dencon

I do want to state a correction. There has been a misunderstanding, somehow. The Modelhaus and the hood that is produced by Modelhaus got in the middle of this. I believe that Frank was referring to the original MPC hood in his reply when he was stating about the Modelhaus Hood. The Modelhaus hood had NOTHING to do with this hood that I post on here. It (The Modelhaus Hood) was not reformed or reused in the making of the hood I post. Frank used the scoop part of that hood from a cast resin hood of the hood from the MPC Scat City Dodge Funny Car that I took. Then graft it to a hood from the 1993 issue of the AMT 70 Superbee Pro Street kit. All to make a better fitting piece. There was no other cast resin parts use from The Modelhaus or any other resin casting company in the making of the hood that I post on this thread. Frank or I never said or intended to say anything bad about The Modelhaus or Don Holthaus' work in the resin casting industry. I have the most up do respect for Mr Holthaus and would never use his or anyone else's resin parts in the making of any of my product I sell without their permission.

Matt @ DSRS

Guest Gramps-xrds

Well Matt you seem to be contradicting some of what you said earlier, but I don't really care. I wasn't being disrespectful to you till you started disrespecting me first. But the facts are still facts.No matter where you got the resin hood scoop, it's still a casting of the MPC hood no matter how many 70 dodge hoods you put it on and therefore is a repop of the original. Frank said all he did was to put it on a better fitting hood and fix the flaws and it looks like he did an excellent job. The bottom line is, it's still not a new master but a corrected version of the original. :P:P:P

As for me trashing your thread. I had no intention of it till you started telling how wrong I was when in fact I was right. The thing is if you make statments that aren't really true you can expect someone to correct you.

If you can't take the heat, then get the :(B)B):lol: outa the kitchen.

Thank you very much for the patronage and the fun.

Discussion ended.

Well Matt you seem to be contradicting some of what you said earlier, but I don't really care. I wasn't being disrespectful to you till you started disrespecting me first. But the facts are still facts.No matter where you got the resin hood scoop, it's still a casting of the MPC hood no matter how many 70 dodge hoods you put it on and therefore is a repop of the original. Frank said all he did was to put it on a better fitting hood and fix the flaws and it looks like he did an excellent job. The bottom line is, it's still not a new master but a corrected version of the original. :P:P:P

As for me trashing your thread. I had no intention of it till you started telling how wrong I was when in fact I was right. The thing is if you make statments that aren't really true you can expect someone to correct you.

If you can't take the heat, then get the B):D;);) outa the kitchen.

Thank you very much for the patronage and the fun.

Discussion ended.

Gramps,

All this fuss over a hood that PSF has had for sale for the past couple years, I know b/c I have a couple....LOL.

Keep twisting those panties.....

Guest Gramps-xrds
Hey guys , stop the argueing for just a minute ! I want to know if someone will do a " PLAIN JANE " hood for this ride as I had one when I sold Chrysler products new in 1970 briefly . Ed Shaver

Oh by the way Ed. Both the AMT coronet pro street and the super bee have the plain hood in them.