Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first build...

oscarhardwick

Hya all,

Im finally posting up the start of my new builds... I am starting on the revell ferrari 250 GTO. Which i will follow up with a revell monogram dodge charger daytona '69. Anyways onto the pictures.

crap014.jpg

crap005.jpg

crap006.jpg

crap008.jpg - engine built up waiting some detailing.

crap011.jpg

crap012.jpg - sprayed up waiting a gloss finish.

on another note... what is the lighter on the screwdriver sybmol thingy -- crap012.jpg

Please comment and critisize, also, I am painting the daytona humbrol midnight blue.

Thanks all,

Oscar. :unsure:

P.S: updates when i do them.

Oscar, you heat the edge of the screwdriver over the candle for about 10-20 seconds, and then very quickly press down on the top of the "stem" poking through the tie rod end---or whatehaveyou. This is also known as "swaging".

The screwdriver might leave some black residue on the part------this can be cleaned up.

This makes a little "head" which will keep the tie rod end in place on the spindle. :lol:

HTH!

Another bit of advice I can give you if you'd like..............

I would separate your body parts from the trees before you paint them. While this is convenient for painting, trying to separate them off the trees after they're painted can leave a nasty gash or chip on those nicely painted parts. :lol:

You could always tape the parts to the body, or anchor them to something close by so that your panels match after everything's painted.

Hope this helps! <_<

I've never heard of the term swedging. The only time I've been told by the instructions manual to use a lighter was when I was building the Tamiya Peugoet 206 WRC rally car and they did not make any of the antenna's for it. Instead, they told me to heat up a straight piece of the spru, stretch it out, cut it off, and that becomes your antenna's. It worked very well!

Back then I did a street-tuned version of the car instead of the WRC mode. Might be tempted to do the WRC version if/when I can get some photo-etched parts for it.

By the way, nice red on that Ferrari so far, I'd continue with that Italian red on there and save the blue for the other project.

Edited by FujimiLover