Model Cars Magazine Forum

The RODENT is leaving the garage !

Geezerman

This has gotta be your best yet. The chassis and engine alone would make a stunning build. The coupe's lines, of course, are really fine. And I don't think anyone's mentioned that awesome hood, with it's nice cutaways for all the engine details and the perfect flow into the skull. You are in the zone, for sure, on this one!

Are you planning on leaving the skull au naturel (it's not been primed, after all) or painting it?

Holy Cow, I have to come back from page 3 !!

I guess i neglected to post that I had a prob with the body paint. I know better, but I keep trying to use rattle can primers. I used some Duplicolor sandable primer. Nice stuff, but here in humid Florida it takes MONTHS to dry. Clogs up sandpaper almost with the first stroke. Have to wet sand it. But I shouldn't have tried to paint over it. Initial primer was Duplicolor self etching. That's great stuff, so the new paint (1 Shot sign enamel, again) is going right directly on a new coat of that.

But here is the hood in the paint booth, waiting for the repainted body to catch up. I have a bit more to do on the body, but this is waiting for clear.

hoodpaint2-vi.jpg

hoodpaint3-vi.jpg

Notice that the teeth are gone? One of them vibrated out while I was grinding on the rear of the skull. I removed the other one until final assembly.

Weird. They are long and curved, arching up into the skull almost to the eye sockets. About 3/4" long. Only about 3/16" are visible at the jaw bone. Which is kinda neat. When I einstall them, I can leave them protrude as far as I want. :rolleyes:

Side project while I was in wait mode was to scratch out a club plaque for this piece of vermin.

clubplaque8-vi.jpg

This is looking very cool build I really dig it. I look forward to seeing it complete. This is going to be great.

I too had an idea along these lines as per my avatar, I've been on the search for the creater from Alien. I was inspired when someone on here had originally posted the pic that I'm using in my avatar a month or so ago.

Plasfreak,

jody started a model of that, but i wouldn't hold my breath., He starts 20 builds for every one he actually finishes. :angry:

lol, sounds like me. That would be a show winner fo sure if he gets it done, and is able to recreate the 1:1 car. You build as well would deffinatly be a show stopper and content for people choice.

;) Neat project, If it weren't so low already, I would add some sabre teeth to the skull and make a "skrat" from Ice Age out of him! Looks good though. Who knew our bird feeder raiders could be part of our modelling life, or literally, part of a model? :blink: You gonna add a little squirrel or racoon tail to this build? :blink:

The 'Rodent" is finished and has had the first foto shoot. Here's one of it leaving the garage.

I don't mean to be a tease on purpose, But for some reason, every foto I took this morning was out of focus ??? I didn't bother to send them to the Fotki. 'Cept for this teaser.

I'll reshoot. Watch for it on the finished section.

This model turned out too cool to post crappy fotos.

rodentgoingout2-vi.jpg