Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy 3100 pick up, or whats left of it

made007

My inspiration was on issue #125 page 33, of modelcar mag, like jairus said its all about the looks:

08-13-09_1250.jpg

08-13-09_1251.jpg

The bed floor its made of real wood, and sprayed some acrilic paint with the air brush

P8050302.jpg

P8050301.jpg

i have to cut the seat cause is too high

P8050303.jpg

decide to leave the stock engine

P8050306.jpg

i am currently experimenting with resin casting,with some rotary engines and toyotas twin cams, etc. and i cast these skulls and made a fuel tank with them

P8050307.jpg

P8050308.jpg

P8050309.jpg

heres it is

P8050300.jpg

hope you like it, its the first time i build a rat, enjoy

I'd say ya got some great ideas cooking there. The truck looks cool overall, and the gas tank idea is great. It would be a shame though, to drop it into the bed where you won't be able to see the skulls. Maybe a short flatbed with no sides would show it off better.

The only thing I'd change is the carb. Looks like you've got a dominator on that skinny little six. Trying to get that much air through a stock manifold to a 4 litre engine will be like stuffing 10 pounds of cookies into a 2 pound bag!

Nice truck, though. Looks like you're making great progress.

Edited by Alyn

I'd say ya got some great ideas cooking there. The truck looks cool overall, and the gas tank idea is great. It would be a shame though, to drop it into the bed where you won't be able to see the skulls. Maybe a short flatbed with no sides would show it off better.

The only thing I'd change is the carb. Looks like you've got a dominator on that skinny little six. Trying to get that much air through a stock manifold to a 4 litre engine will be like stuffing 10 pounds of cookies into a 2 pound bag!

Nice truck, though. Looks like you're making great progress.

its not stock, its ported, also the head is ported and polished, LOL, thanks for your comment

...Trying to get that much air through a stock manifold to a 4 litre engine will be like stuffing 10 pounds of cookies into a 2 pound bag!...

This reminds me of the over-carburated '67 Camaro, (with really tall gears and a Powerglide tranny), that I had after high school. It was a bit of a pig off the line, but it really moved once it got rolling. :(

I knew it wasn't advisable to put a 650 Holley carb with mechanical secondaries and a high-rise on an engine that had a tallgears and an automatic tranny behind it, but the cost was "right", so I lived with it. B)

Later,

This reminds me of the over-carburated '67 Camaro, (with really tall gears and a Powerglide tranny), that I had after high school. It was a bit of a pig off the line, but it really moved once it got rolling. :lol:

I knew it wasn't advisable to put a 650 Holley carb with mechanical secondaries and a high-rise on an engine that had a tallgears and an automatic tranny behind it, but the cost was "right", so I lived with it. :lol:

Later,

thanks raul, i feel better now, :unsure: