Model Cars Magazine Forum

Death Racers!

The Red Ranger

So there is a lot of interest in this build off, so I figured I would start a thr, ead about it.

If you have seen the newer Death Race that is the general idea. Basically, take one of your favorite cars and retro fit it with everything you'd need to survive the apocalypse! Guns, missiles, flame throwers, whatever you want!

There are some guys who have built some similar cars already and those are perfectly acceptable, though I really encourage to perhaps build a new one as well, but that's totally up to you!

Let me know if there are any questions or anything B)

Wasn't this just done last year when the movie came out ? Maybe all those who didn't finish thier car for last years could finish them up for this one.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.p...c=13843&hl=

Thats what the idea was. I wasn't around when the first buildoff started so I don't know what happened to it but it sounds like it kinda flaked or fizzled out so I figure give people an opportunity to finish up, and newer folk a chance to do their own. If everyone is okay with that it just sounds like there is a lot of interest in finishing this once and for all and I'm down to do it.

Thats what the idea was. I wasn't around when the first buildoff started so I don't know what happened to it but it sounds like it kinda flaked or fizzled out so I figure give people an opportunity to finish up, and newer folk a chance to do their own. If everyone is okay with that it just sounds like there is a lot of interest in finishing this once and for all and I'm down to do it.

what car did you chose?

HEY! lol I wish you would have PM'ed me I almost didn't see this lol

I'm in, I'll post up my car tomorrow night after I get off work.. Not sure what I want to use I may go buy something .. different :lol:

EDIT! .. OK these are 3 models I have that I wouldn't mind chopping up into something like this.. OH and the caddy is new I picked it up yesterday and the only plastic taken off is from the box everything else are still in their packs if anyone would like to trade something for it (I know this isn't a tade section but if anyone wanted it before I chopped it up and killed it I wanted to ask since I don't like it)

ANYWAYS... Idk which I should pick.. SO I'll get your opinons

post-3603-1252730741_thumb.jpg

Edited by B-dub

well I have the doors hood and rear htch mocked up.. still debating on having the passenger scissor door open to reveal something.

I have a few ideas floating around.. now I just need to get some of that darn styrene that every hobby shop says doesn't exist... :rolleyes:

seriously I'm tired of looking for it and I hate to order it because Idk what I need without looking at it in person.

Interior mocked up and chassis and all mocked up together minus the lights windows anddetailing

I've been using paper to mock up what I want done but have yet to get any supplies hopefully on my days off I can track something down.. It's driving me nuts not getting to work on it.

the more I do the more I love this model... even with the lack of an engine... -grumble grumble- :lol:

well the escalade keeps attacking me.. I woke up to a crashing noise this morning and found it on the floor beside my bed everything went flying everywhere..apparently it tried to run me over...

then later when working on it I ended up with a stab wound that Idk how I got.. but the tip of my thumb is now throbbing and numb and bleeding (I wasnt even using a knife or file just trying to mock it all back up)

this seems like it will be an interesting build...