Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

HARBOR FREIGHT 6 AIRBRUSH SET

kustomkat1

An airbrush set for 130 bucks at Harbor Freight? That sounded sorta pricey, so out of curiosity I looked it up. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=95923

Unless you're painting T-shirts for a living and need to change colors quickly, why would you need THAT set? I would just invest less than 100 bucks in ONE good quality airbrush. Hobby Lobby carries Paasche and Badger airbrushes AND parts, and has 30-40% off coupons! The #1 rule of airbrush buying.....make sure replacement parts are easy to get.

Just my opinion....but what do I know? ;)

My Harbor Freight airbrush works great when it works.

I might suggest buying the Harbor Freight compressor kit and investing in a better brush.

Its what I plan to do soon. I'm sick of constantly stripping the HF brush down cleaning and adjusting it.

what are you using to clean it? i strip mine down after every paint job and clean it. thats what youre supposed to do.

I have never used a Harbor Frieght airbrush, but I bought a Compressor from them, it has an excellent regulator, moisture trap, and oilless opperation for under $100.. It is by far a better compressor than the ones sold by the airbrush manufacturers.

CHEERS!

Tom

Edited by Ragnar

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I'm in the market for a compressor as well and Harbor Frieght has a bewildering variety of them.

Is this one a good choice? It looks like it to me, but I have zero experience with compressors. And $70 strikes me as extremely reasonable. It puts out 30 PSI, which is just about the maximum anyone would need for airbrushing, and has a regulator to get it down to the 12 PSI recommended for the "Norbie Technique."

Here's another at $80 that also looks good.

Any help?

Edited by Merkur XR4Ti

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I'm in the market for a compressor as well and Harbor Frieght has a bewildering variety of them.

Is this one a good choice? It looks like it to me, but I have zero experience with compressors. And $70 strikes me as extremely reasonable. It puts out 30 PSI, which is just about the maximum anyone would need for airbrushing, and has a regulator to get it down to the 12 PSI recommended for the "Norbie Technique."

Here's another at $80 that also looks good.

Any help?

This is the one I use bought it at Walmart though

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=93796

This is the one I use bought it at Walmart though

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=93796

I bought a 1 gallon compressor & regulator at Lowe's Home Center for $80 dollars. It works great. I also have 3 airbrushes from Northern Tool, similar to the Harbor Freight version. I also have 1 real badger I've had since Christmas '78. I use 4 at a time, using 1 and putting it in thinner when finished. That way I can spray 3 or 4 colors without stopping to clean air brushes. When I finish, I disassemble and clean all 4 air brushes. Its a lot faster than painting, cleaning, painting, cleaning, etc. They are all the equivelant to the Badger 350. I also have a Badger 150 double action, but I rarely use it for cars.

Gary