Model Cars Magazine Forum

Saving History!

Custom Hearse

I added some 2 part Evercoat polyester putty to the front and the rear of the body. I just have to wait for it to dry and then blend in the body parts...

IMG_3134.jpg

IMG_3165.jpg

Meanwhile, I've primed the frame, and will paint it black. I've also begun work on the engine. Since I have no idea what the intake combination was on the Astrovette, I'm gonna add the 6 barrel intake on it.

More up dates later...

Ive got an extra ls7 that would look pretty sweet in it if you want it B)

Naw...

But I have a better I-dear... I'm gonna make it a ZL-1 all aluminum 427-6 barrel. I thought that might be cool to do, since it was in that time frame that they came out with that engine. Other than that, I'm gonna build it stock.

Thanks though!

Since I have no idea what the intake combination was on the Astrovette, I'm gonna add the 6 barrel intake on it.

You just need to ask :lol:

The AstroVette has the original L-68 400hp 427 engine. That is essentially the base 427 with the 3 carbs setup. Cast iron block and heads, 400hp, 460 lbs of torque, hydraulic lifters, oval ports.

The show car has an automatic transmission and other than minor chrome dressup parts, the engine is stock.

Thanks,

You just need to ask :)

The AstroVette has the original L-68 400hp 427 engine. That is essentially the base 427 with the 3 carbs setup. Cast iron block and heads, 400hp, 460 lbs of torque, hydraulic lifters, oval ports.

The show car has an automatic transmission and other than minor chrome dressup parts, the engine is stock.

Thanks,

I hadn't heard from you in a while... Thought you were on hiatus. The only difference with the way I'm doing it is that I'm making it a ZL-1 engine with a 3 carb set-up...

Thanks Ismael!

Still working on it, and I've got a lot more puttying to do on it, but here's what's been done so far.

I've got the back panel puttied, I just nee to add a little more to it, and fine sand it and it'll be ready to primer...

IMG_3183.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

The front end is gonna need a whole lot more work! I've got to add more putty to it and sand it out. I started re-scribing the lines on the front...

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

Hopefully I'll have the front smoothed out soon. I've started building the engine and the frame, using the MPC '68 corvette kit I got off of Evilbay...

More coming soon!