Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Motorsport Mustang IMSA pictures

I stumbled upon these pictures a while ago, and I was just thinking someone could find them useful. I didn't know before seeing these, but there's actually two versions of this car, one that differs quite a bit from the version that Monogram made available as a kit. So if you have one of these on your shelf and are looking for something interesting to do with it, you could try scratchbuilding the one with the updated aerodynamic bits. (I can't scratchbuild much, especially since I have no sheet styrene. :lol:)

The 16 car looks just like the kit, and the 6 car has strange wheel openings, new wing, and the doors stick out to match the fenders. There are some other slight changes also.

There's also a few pics of a red one that is slightly different from the Miller version of the kit, with more red on the hood and fenders.

http://s907.photobucket.com/albums/ac274/s...port%20Mustang/

The reasons for the big differences between the two cars was a rule change. The rules used to be that the car had to run the same tub and roof line as well as the doors had to be off the production car. Later on they changed it so only the tub and roof line had to be off the production car.

The reasons for the big differences between the two cars was a rule change. The rules used to be that the car had to run the same tub and roof line as well as the doors had to be off the production car. Later on they changed it so only the tub and roof line had to be off the production car.

That's interesting...I did not know that. Pretty cool though.