Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy 572

I'm trying to find if there is a model kit available that has a Chevy 572 as the included motor or if anyone is making one available aftermarket. I've looked around on the web and come up short. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Not trying to be a smarty here but just use any BBC engine and try to score some valve covers with the 572 script or scratch build some. :lol:

Thanks all. I found the Bob Dudek aluminum valve covers, but they're $20! and they are wrongly done, the lettering in inscribed, not raised. Out of my price range anyways...

I'll probably look for something with a 454+ in it and just go from their. I might try to fashion my own valve covers for it so it looks like a 572. I'm doing a 56 Nomad that really wants some muscle!

If anyone does come across correct 572 valve cover, could you let me know? Thanks!

Bob Dudek's parts are well worth the asking prices :D top quality machined aluminum and very nice. i consider his stuff "model car jewelry"

Dave

Bob did do the master one for the resin copy. The Resin one's was made for VCG Resin as the 572 Cobra Killer motor. I have the mold for the Valve covers and also they have been redone since in having the raised 572s in them I have sets casted already. Bob's aluminum valve covers are very nice looking and are worth the price.

My post may have come off the wrong way :blink: I think or if anything I want to convey my original intentions. Bob's valve covers look fantastic. Definatley model jewelry and I would be more than happy to use them. I don't want to take anything away from his work. I also was not really aware that the 572's have embossed logo's on them or the raised logo's; thats my mistake. I didn't mean to infer that his (or anyone's) were incorrect. I just didn't do all my homework :)

For me, I like the raised logo look and if I can find some would want to use that for my build. $20 for a set of aluminum valve covers is out of my price range though. I build mostly for myself and the fun and pleasure I get out of it and have to watch where I spend my money :D .

Thank you all for the advice and comments though. The level of knowledge and help makes this a top-notch community to be a part of! Cheers all.

~Ryan

My post may have come off the wrong way :blink: I think or if anything I want to convey my original intentions. Bob's valve covers look fantastic. Definatley model jewelry and I would be more than happy to use them. I don't want to take anything away from his work. I also was not really aware that the 572's have embossed logo's on them or the raised logo's; thats my mistake. I didn't mean to infer that his (or anyone's) were incorrect. I just didn't do all my homework :)

For me, I like the raised logo look and if I can find some would want to use that for my build. $20 for a set of aluminum valve covers is out of my price range though. I build mostly for myself and the fun and pleasure I get out of it and have to watch where I spend my money :D .

Thank you all for the advice and comments though. The level of knowledge and help makes this a top-notch community to be a part of! Cheers all.

~Ryan

I do not think any one took it wrong. I redid the model and every thing once I was able to abtain it so they are raised now. The Cobra Killer II motor was a duel partenership thing between my self and VCG at that time. He has left the hobbie and I still have 4 motor kits and the vavle cover model is all. If you want a set of the resin ones email me off of here.

shawcustomheaders2@yahoo.com

Hey Ryan,

I did some valve covers like this in resin.....

147_1.jpg

I can send you a set if interested, but they are more the 502 covers. I have been planning on making a correct 572 version, just have not had the time....

Those are gorgeous Len! I'd like to use a set of those on a Gibson 737 BB Chevy I'm building for my tow truck ( http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.p...20&start=20 ). How much do you want for a set of those, And would they work on it?

IMHO, the best looking BBC out there is in Monogram's Toni Foti LAPD Pro-Mod Camaro. It has the ultra-cool (and rare in the real world) Milodon cast aluminum valve covers. I bought several kits just for the engine. A really nice effect is to paint the depression around the letters in body color, then cover that with liquid mask and paint the valve covers with aluminum metalizer. Peel off the liquid mask for some really trick valve covers.

milodon_500x323.jpg