Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

community muscle car build anyone ?

diymirage

Finally finished with my 69' Super Bee! Here is what I did to it, color is Dupli-color Electric currant red. I added flocking, floor mats, seat belts, and real wood to the dash. Engine got a oil dipstick, brake lines, heater hoses, and battery cables. I am glad to be done with this 1984 kit, the decals were in poor shape and the parts all need to be sanded and heated back to shape. I think my next Super Bee is going to be the reissue of this kit. Thanks for all the great comments along the way of this build, it was fun.

That looks GREAT!!

Love the color on it!

Kyle:The SuperBee looks great

Jeff:Elky looks great with the nascar chassis.Im also diggin the look of the Camaro.

So I dont like how my wheel turned out so I think Im gonna try n strip it and use some spaz stix for the first time.Im also gettin ready to fthe body n Shoot it with some color.I guess the diff turned out ok, still gotta add some bolt heads.P1060809.jpgP1060813.jpgP1060815.jpg

Edited by Pete1980

So the fingernail polish didnt go so well... <_< but, I went to plan B and well this is about 2 coats of standard testors run through an airbrush.This is my first gloss job with the air brush and I think it can out ok.I think itll get about 2 more coats and then some clear.Thoughts?Oh and while at my buddies house painting I was diggin through the grave yard and found this old pavment pounder...same model just older, and beatup, and not so complete.P1060817.jpg

Jeff that El Camino is gonna be one sick custom build. I can't wait to see it painted.

Kyle, your Super Bee is coming along real nice. I like them in red.

Thanks,im thinking a flat pink cage, with a high gloss black, i did get rid of the camper, it jsut didnt look right. Ill just build a better cage for the rear.

Jeff.

I'm new here, can I add myself to the list with a '64 Ford (Fairlane)Thunderbolt. I have a surgery next Monday so I got lots of time to work on it.

i added you to the list and ill send you a PM with an invoice for the $12.75 sign up cost for this build off

just kidding bro

you'll find that we have a great family here and we do kid around with each other :D

looking forward to see some of your work

so, if im not prying, what type of surgery is it ?

i asume its not too terrible since your online now and it seems youll be back to building prety quick after that

Edited by diymirage