Model Cars Magazine Forum

community muscle car build anyone ?

diymirage

Nice job with that H/O, Marcos. You're doing it justice without question.

The paint on the GTO is dry, and it will need a very light compounding to smooth it out and bring up the shine a little. I'll probably just hit it with some toothpaste, as that actually seems to work pretty well for that type of thing.

Charlie Larkin

Why not clear coat it?

Why not clear coat it?

After discussing this with a couple of people, I may actually do both. A very light coat of clear, very gentle polising with the 12 000-grit polishing cloth to make sure all the rough spots are knocked down, followed by another coat of clear. In-between, I'm going to foil the trim and get that out of the way.

Charlie Larkin

I might just start something myself, think I have some time. Is this buildoff for fun only, any prizes or something? :(

fun only, best i know there isnt even a way we rate which one comes in "first"

feel free to donate something youd think would be a good first prize and well come up with something

as for joining in, feel free

the whole idea of the build is mainly something to gather over, a common interest and such

• 1 month later...

He's right, I know Ive gotten lazy about posting pics. So, Ill try to get this going again. I finished mine about 2 weeks ago and the pictures have been sitting on my camera since then. Not my best build to date, but I tried a few new things, so overall I'm very happy with the way it turned out. This was my first attempt at bare metal foil, two tone paint any modifying a moving body panel. C&C welcome as always, but be gentle.

IMG_6231.jpg

IMG_6228.jpg

IMG_6222.jpg

IMG_6223.jpg

IMG_6225.jpg

Thanks for lookin'

He's right, I know Ive gotten lazy about posting pics. So, Ill try to get this going again. I finished mine about 2 weeks ago and the pictures have been sitting on my camera since then. Not my best build to date, but I tried a few new things, so overall I'm very happy with the way it turned out. This was my first attempt at bare metal foil, two tone paint any modifying a moving body panel. C&C welcome as always, but be gentle.

IMG_6223.jpg

Thanks for lookin'

that come out great

i dont like the black chrome but the overall look of the car is great

very nice twotone and the red pinstripe really sets it off and the black on the bottom of the hood gives it that överhauled project car look

and for a first time foil job it looks great, much better then my first (or second or third) try

where did you find the rims ?

the look like the 17 inch jetta rims i have on my passat

Edited by diymirage

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to finish my GTO before Tuesday. I ran into a couple of assembly snags and very severe time deficit. I will, however, post pictures when it gets done, which I'm hoping will be sometime next month.

I've enjoyed watching all your builds everyone, and was glad to take a small part in it.

Charlie Larkin

man, i totally forgot this is all due tomorrow

ill make a under glass post for everyone to put their finished products in (seeing how im about 6 hours ahead of you guys here)

Eelco, I seen in another post you didn't have an idea how you could figure out a "winner", when you do the "Under Glass" post for the finished products, set it up as a poll post, just an idea. I just wish I would have known about this sooner! I really can't wait until they put a "Community Build" section here!

Eelco, I seen in another post you didn't have an idea how you could figure out a "winner", when you do the "Under Glass" post for the finished products, set it up as a poll post, just an idea. I just wish I would have known about this sooner! I really can't wait until they put a "Community Build" section here!

good idea

i think i will do that

keep you eyes peeled for my next comunity build , it will be winged warriors, nothing but mopars and all of them with superbird wings :lol:

please put your finished builds here guys http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31712

good idea

i think i will do that

keep you eyes peeled for my next comunity build , it will be winged warriors, nothing but mopars and all of them with superbird wings :lol:

please put your finished builds here guys http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31712

COOL!!! That will give me an excuse to build the 69 Charger Daytona I've had on the shelves for years!

COOL!!! That will give me an excuse to build the 69 Charger Daytona I've had on the shelves for years!

im thinking of making the build open to any mopar that was build during the time the actual winged warriors were build AND the 2008 and so challys and chargers since they were based on those actual cars BUT they all need to have the wings on them

:lol:

im thinking of making the build open to any mopar that was build during the time the actual winged warriors were build AND the 2008 and so challys and chargers since they were based on those actual cars BUT they all need to have the wings on them

:lol:

Ok, just like your Cuda you did for this one.