Model Cars Magazine Forum

Different perspective on Reliable

I've been in touch with Don about an order I placed and he has been very forthcoming about what the holdup has been. Not bad holdup, though, especially considering the reason. I got my order in a bit over 9 weeks. His website did say give it 6-8 weeks, so nine and a half isn't bad. He apparently got a bad load of resin and had to replace it / work with his supplier or whatever. I'd WHOLE lot rather wait an extra week or so while he straightened that out instead of getting cheesy products. The products looked very good in my estimation. A little bit of slash, but certainly not bad at all. He also grudgingly admitted that there had been some family matters that landed on his shoulders as eldest. He wasn't whining and didn't want to use that as an excuse. Being the eldest myself, I can relate to having those things come up.

Don has some really nice products and some I've never seen elsewhere. I know he's busting it to catch up and it does bother him that he's been a bit behind. If you've had problems getting an order, I suggest trying the email now. He seems very responsive and is just under the gun. For me, I say give Don a bit of grace and cut him some slack to allow him to prove himself as far as turnaround time. For one, I'm not worried about not getting anything I order from him and will buy from him again.

Honestly! What is the deal! Every week! Why can't we hear some good news for once, this is just ridiculous. suicide-vi.gif

I don't think there is any stopping it Bob............Might as well just kick back and enjoy the ballgame.

It'd be ashame for me not to work the crowd and make a few bucks off this one.........Let me go grab my hat, apron, and fire up my refreshments cart B)

BEER, SODA, POPCORN, AND HOTDOGS!!.....................COME GET YOUR BEER, SODA, POPCORN, AND HOTDOGS!!

I'M OFFERING A 2-FOR ONE SPECIAL BEFORE HALFTIME, FOLKS!!.....................COME GET YOUR BEER, SODA, POPCORN, AND HOTDOGS!!

Edited by J. Sauber

Maybe Don could be more straight up with his customers and be more polite that would help alot he told me it would be 4-6 weeks well its over 3 months now i think that is BS and when he does finally reply to my emails he trys to say he sent it 3 weeks ago and is sending my order again out of good faith it probably would have helped if he sent in the first place 3 weeks ago i just want my order is that too much to ask for? its getting to the point where i dont even think im ever going to get my order

Jeez, this "Reliable" guy sure seems to have/attract ALL the bad luck... over the last several years, he seems to be getting ALL the deliveries of 'bad' resin, and his luck with the USPS and 'lost' packages is astronomically unbelievable!! But, to his credit, he DOES seem to have an unlimited amount of excuses to sell.. I mean.. give everyone.

I'll take two dogs with everything, Jeff! B)

the "good" news is that you have genital Herpes and it's treatable, the bad news is that it will never go away

Reliable resin threads have sort of become like the "genital herpes" of this forum......They are dealt with as they flair up, but they will likely never completely stop.

Edited by J. Sauber

Good news? I guess if someone thinks a statement like "you still have cancer, but it hasn't spread any further" is considered good news... :lol::lol:

"For one, I'm not worried about not getting anything I order from him and will buy from him again."

That was the good news part. I did say good news... sort of.

Hey, considering RR's reputation, any time that someone mentions RR and it's not a total slam, it could be considered "good news"... :lol:

"For one, I'm not worried about not getting anything I order from him and will buy from him again."

That was the good news part.

I did say good news... sort of.

Hey, any time that someone mentions RR and it's not a total slam, it could be considered "good news"...

For those who have been ripped off, the "good news" will likely only come in one of two forms..........

A} Don finally goes out of business..........or

B} Don cleans up his act and remedies all the problems with his angry customers.

Edited by J. Sauber

With all the bad publicity and angry customers this outfit has, how is it that he still keeps on getting new orders? I guess not everyone has heard yet...

Well, it's been said that theres a sucker born every minute, so unfortunately it appears that this company is going to have an endless supply of gullible clients....... :lol:

With all the bad publicity and angry customers this outfit has, how is it that he still keeps on getting new orders? I guess not everyone has heard yet...

Possibly because you shut down threads and you seem to think he always deserves one more chance.

Possibly because you shut down threads and you seem to think he always deserves one more chance.

It's a tough call... do I let you guys rant on (including some possibly unfair rants-I have no way of knowing if they're legit or not)... or do I keep things from spinning out of control (like it did last time) and close the thread?

Without knowing the facts in each particular case, I have no way of knowing who's telling the truth, the guy posting the rant or RR's response/excuse/alibi/what have you.

Like I said, a tough call. Maybe you could let us know how you would handle it? If you have a better idea, I'm listening.

It's a tough call... do I let you guys rant on (including some possibly unfair rants-I have no way of knowing if they're legit or not)... or do I keep things from spinning out of control (like it did last time) and close the thread?

Without knowing the facts in each particular case, I have no way of knowing who's telling the truth, the guy posting the rant or RR's response/excuse/alibi/what have you.

Like I said, a tough call. Maybe you could let us know how you would handle it? If you have a better idea, I'm listening.

Banned Camp.

Yeah, I know, my name is not really Emil Schuffhausen, but I'll never get a Mail Fraud notice for using a screen name from a funny movie.

Banned Camp.

Yeah, I know, my name is not really Emil Schuffhausen, but I'll never get a Mail Fraud notice for using a screen name from a funny movie.

Yeah, but ban who? The guys posting the rants? Or RR? Another tough call. Banning someone should be a last resort, not the first line of defense.

BTW, it would be nice if you put your real name in there. It's kind of a rule here, as you well know.

I have made 5 or 6 purchases from Don and have had no major issues.

The last ordered took a little extra time but he kept me informed with several emails before I even contacted him about the order. He tossed in several nice freebies for the extra wait. Quality has always been good. I had never worked with any resin product before and have been very happy with the results I have been getting with his product.

Don makes some very unique parts that I have never seen anywhere else.

I buy from many different resin casters and I am very glad they are here for our hobby to help guys like me build the cars I have always wanted.

Just my experience.

Agreed. So how about banning the subject matter?

By now, everyone knows how these threads are going to progress _ some folks love Don, some folks hate Don, some folks who have never even had any dealings with Don will toss a few buckets full of gas on the fire, Don at some point weighs in with a post blaming his customers' problems on everyone and everything but himself _ and about Don's spotty-at-best reputation for customer service. I would see nothing whatsoever wrong, Harry, with you ending this particular chase 'round and 'round the mulberry bush by declaring the subject of Reliable Resins to be officially closed on this forum.

If you don't, I can promise you one thing ... threads like this are gonna keep popping up like mushrooms.

For that matter, I would have no problem with a rule stating essentially that folks should take up their beefs with aftermarket vendors directly with the vendors themselves and keep them off the forum altogether. Allowing people to air their dirty laundry here isn't good practice, IMO, and it would seem to me that it puts you, Gregg and the magazine in a very awkward position.

Just my .02, and worth every penny! B)

Actualy, Gregg has already asked people to do just that... take up any issues you may have with an aftermarket company with that company directly!

But I get the feeling that some people who do just that wind up getting frustrated by a lack of results, and then they need a place to vent... and they pick this place!

Yes, it does put us in a spot. And there's no easy answer. We can't take sides, because we don't know all the facts of each particular incident. If we delete any posts that have to do with someone "ranting" about someone else, we get charged with "censorship." If we let threads like this go, we get complaints, too. And I'm sure we'd get a lot of complaints if we decided one particular topic was "banned" from the forum, and all references to it will be deleted.

The only way to fairly deal with this is on a case by case, post by post basis, and try to decide in each case whether the thread should be allowed to continue or not.

Someone asked why people keep ordering and a general thought on that would be "they don't know any better". Ok that's fine. My thought on that is there is always a couple or so people that respond with their experiences which is completely fair....but, it's those few replies of "he took awhile, but he did take care of me and even gave me some free stuff" that also keep the doors revolving. Are we all so desperate for "Free" stuff or a bunch of lines portraying valor and kindness that we will subject ourselves to be walked on? Like....it's ok to have my money, play with it and use it for several months...it's not like I worked for it...heck, have fun...I will be here waiting for my stuff. Oh and also the "unique not found other places parts or kits" that entices new customers. What it boils down to is people want to be in a bad mood, they set themselves up for disappointment because they want them parts or kits so badly....they are willing to put themselves in the predicament knowing that they might have to wait a long time or end up with less than par items they paid for. It's human nature to want drama brought upon us. Thus...the complaints keep coming due to the "I gotta have it at any cost" attitude. Why? If a person reads the bad reports, then it's their fault for dealing with the guy in the first place. These "rant" , heads up or "warning" threads do serve a purpose, but in a way they are helping bring more customers. (crazy world huh?) I have to question the buyers as to why they insist on doing this to themselves? I hope that anyone reading this didn't skip lines because I feel my points are valid. Don't deal with anyone who has a bad reputation and you won't be the one complaining..know what I mean? This reply is not completely directed at RR....it's just common sense guys...don't put your hand in the fire and you won't get burned.

Have a nice day. :)

I would like a Coke Zero please! :)

Someone asked why people keep ordering and a general thought on that would be "they don't know any better". Ok that's fine. My thought on that is there is always a couple or so people that respond with their experiences which is completely fair....but, it's those few replies of "he took awhile, but he did take care of me and even gave me some free stuff" that also keep the doors revolving. Are we all so desperate for "Free" stuff or a bunch of lines portraying valor and kindness that we will subject ourselves to be walked on? Like....it's ok to have my money, play with it and use it for several months...it's not like I worked for it...heck, have fun...I will be here waiting for my stuff. Oh and also the "unique not found other places parts or kits" that entices new customers. What it boils down to is people want to be in a bad mood, they set themselves up for disappointment because they want them parts or kits so badly....they are willing to put themselves in the predicament knowing that they might have to wait a long time or end up with less than par items they paid for. It's human nature to want drama brought upon us. Thus...the complaints keep coming due to the "I gotta have it at any cost" attitude. Why? If a person reads the bad reports, then it's their fault for dealing with the guy in the first place. These "rant" , heads up or "warning" threads do serve a purpose, but in a way they are helping bring more customers. (crazy world huh?) I have to question the buyers as to why they insist on doing this to themselves? I hope that anyone reading this didn't skip lines because I feel my points are valid. Don't deal with anyone who has a bad reputation and you won't be the one complaining..know what I mean? This reply is not completely directed at RR....it's just common sense guys...don't put your hand in the fire and you won't get burned.

Have a nice day. :)

I would like a Coke Zero please! :)

Well said. This is the Best response of the thread so far.................The soda is on me, Bob....enjoy.

Agreed. So how about banning the subject matter?

By now, everyone knows how these threads are going to progress _ some folks love Don, some folks hate Don, some folks who have never even had any dealings with Don will toss a few buckets full of gas on the fire, Don at some point weighs in with a post blaming his customers' problems on everyone and everything but himself _ and about Don's spotty-at-best reputation for customer service. I would see nothing whatsoever wrong, Harry, with you ending this particular chase 'round and 'round the mulberry bush by declaring the subject of Reliable Resins to be officially closed on this forum.

If you don't, I can promise you one thing ... threads like this are gonna keep popping up like mushrooms.

For that matter, I would have no problem with a rule stating essentially that folks should take up their beefs with aftermarket vendors directly with the vendors themselves and keep them off the forum altogether. Allowing people to air their dirty laundry here isn't good practice, IMO, and it would seem to me that it puts you, Gregg and the magazine in a very awkward position.

Just my .02, and worth every penny! :)

Jeeesh ............ dude You ALWAYS seem to "add" you 2 cents ( IMO )

Suggestion(s) duly noted

Spotty ????? 4,000 PLUS POSITIVE eBay feedbacks aren't spotty...... "Guy" !