Model Cars Magazine Forum

Has anyone?

Well I'm waiting for them to reiusue this kit. I'm wondering if anyone has built it and what is in the kit and how good it builds up? I can't wait because I want at least 3, I'm a BIG fan of gm s-series trucks!! BTW if someone has it can they post whats in the box? Thanks :rolleyes:

Well I'm waiting for them to reiusue this kit. I'm wondering if anyone has built it and what is in the kit and how good it builds up? I can't wait because I want at least 3, I'm a BIG fan of gm s-series trucks!! BTW if someone has it can they post whats in the box? Thanks :lol:

I had one, traded it for a Monogram S10, I've built the 1/20th '92 Cyclone, I've been messing around with a old Monogram Waverider S10 aswell, there very well put togther kits I know that, I did however take pictures of the contents of the box before I traded it so the recipient knew what they were getting.

This is the original '92 Release also,

Cyclone001.jpg

Cyclone002.jpg

Cyclone003.jpg

Cyclone004.jpg

Cyclone005.jpg

Cyclone006.jpg

Cyclone007.jpg

Cyclone008.jpg

Cyclone009.jpg

Cyclone010.jpg

Those are sweet trucks.... I want that kit now. A friend of mine had one a while back. He had it running low 12's with some little gremlins he couldn't figure out, so he got tired of it and sold it to a friend. His friend bought a bunch of stuff for it, and asked my buddy to install it since he was familiar with the truck. It was running high 11's at that point. They're pretty impressive little trucks. Much faster than my old '93 S10 was... :lol:

The Syclone was pretty much identical to the S-10- the Syclone's turbo charger and plumbing, AWD system, wheels, GMC grille and ground effects package were about the only differences. I believe the tires on the two kits were different, as well. In fact- I think the standard S-10 kit (the Cameo EL issue, anyway) comes with the front diff (but no CV axles), and Syclone intake plenum (but no turbo).

i built one of those but i was a younger builder and not good at painting things like bodies and stuff. I was glad it was molded in black, the only thin i had a problem was was painting the GMC in the grille. I somehow lost the separate gauge cluster pod that attached to the dashboard so my dash was all flat and only had a steering column/wheel sticking out. so i tinted the front and rear glass by painting the inside areas with black paint ;). the only hard thing i had to do was getting those side body moldings on i remember holding them to the rear fenders and cab with wooden spring loaded clothes pins. I entered it in a model show in summer of 92, won a trophy for it, still have the trophy, do not have the truck. I would NOT mind getting the reissue!