Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Building a new logger

Decided to build another logger. This time I am going to build one of my dads. I was going to post pics but they are loading slow. Found an AMT Peerless log trailer on Ebay for $18 shipped. Its a reissue but to tell ya the truth I like it better then my originals. The wheels are especially better.

I will post the pics in the morning as I am letting them load right now.

I still need a truck and I am looking for the AMT Peterbilt Wrecker or day cab. I have found a few but they are worth their weight in gold on ebay. If anyone can make be a good deal I would like to do it

This a pic of the truck my dad owned. Its a 70's 359. It had an 8V92 Detroit when we got it but dad swapped in a Cat 3406. I am going to try and build as closly to this as i can. Only thin that realy worries me is how I am going to do the paint job. Any advice.

IMG_9106.jpg

This is just a pic of the reissue log trailer wheel. It is a much better product over all. I am glad they put some care in to it.

IMG_9103.jpg

Your Dad's rig is SWEET! I love those colorful paintjobs of the 70s. Nice. I like what I see of the logger's wheels. I have an original issue that I built, but I used different wheels. The kit's wheels had little pits between all 5 of the holes. These look far superior.

Edited by FlatbedKW

Interesting avatar photo you have there...

My 351 logger..

Timyellow351log.jpg

Tim

I will remove it if you want. Happens to be my favorite log truck model. Not in any way trying to take credit for it. Can I ask what kits you used to build it?

Your Dad's rig is SWEET! I love those colorful paintjobs of the 70s. Nice. I like what I see of the logger's wheels. I have an original issue that I built, but I used different wheels. The kit's wheels had little pits between all 5 of the holes. These look far superior.

Thanks. I am hoping to make it as origenal as possible but like I have said, painting is not my strong suite.

Nah, I was flattered.

Tim

I will remove it if you want. Happens to be my favorite log truck model. Not in any way trying to take credit for it. Can I ask what kits you used to build it?

Thanks. I am hoping to make it as origenal as possible but like I have said, painting is not my strong suite.

Anyone got an AMT Peterbilt 359 or 357. Actually does any one have the truck in the pic?

Ive got an original amt wrecker id part with. id rather trade it than sell it. pm me we can talk. (Ps im an over the road driver, so im in and out thru the week.)

ill have to find pic,s i have a restored 44 pete logger from montana. (tim has seen pic's i sent um to him years ago along w our 65 narrow nose ) i still have to restore the logging trailer too make it complete.

Scott

Edited by Scott S

I have the Peterbilt California Hauler on the way to the house to build this model. If the wrecker is a better match to the truck in the pic I would trade the hauler for it. Its all I have to trade right now.

I think the hauler is to old and the wrecker looks closer I think but I dont know for sure.

I would like to see the pics also.

I have the Peterbilt California Hauler on the way to the house to build this model. If the wrecker is a better match to the truck in the pic I would trade the hauler for it. Its all I have to trade right now.

I think the hauler is to old and the wrecker looks closer I think but I dont know for sure.

I would like to see the pics also.

ok, let me know, is it an original hauler or reissue? i have both the wrecker and the hauler in hand and there identical.. oh the hauler and the wrecker are square doors, small window trucks, your dads was a round door large window truck, i have the ertl pete w the cast frame w the exception of the square headlites would b a perfect match for u. round doors, big windows, right bumper, ect.

Edited by Scott S

ok, let me know, is it an original hauler or reissue? i have both the wrecker and the hauler in hand and there identical.. oh the hauler and the wrecker are square doors, small window trucks, your dads was a round door large window truck, i have the ertl pete w the cast frame w the exception of the square headlites would b a perfect match for u. round doors, big windows, right bumper, ect.

I believe it to be an original.

You got a pic of the Pete you are talking about, I am not sure I am familiar with it.

whats realy kool i see for u is those are real peerless roadrunners on his rig and the background rigs, way kool!

That does look just like it minus the head lights. Is it a day cab with sleeper or ?

Either or, small back window(crawl thru) just put glass in and your in..lol oh your dads truck was beautiful, we had a 76 ( which is what i think your dads was, ) alum frame, i might have a pic of it around some where, ill try n dig up some pics this weekend.

What are you looking for out of the blueprint. Not much money these days, especially having just bought the hauler and trailer.

if the hauler is orig i might just trade you if your interested,let me know, if not we"ll work somethin out , you need it more than me.