Model Cars Magazine Forum

gonna be the first one on here.....

thats right people

i will be building a daf 95 sometime next week

(wife wont let me play with my Christmass present untill after Christmass)

little does she know that this build combined with a revell trailer my parents bought me for my birthday last year this whole build will be my retord to here "only one model on display in the livingroom" rule

the truck

Daf2095XF20Super20Space20Cab20Itale.jpg

the trailer

316942685_tp.jpg

and the paintsceme ima steal and adapt to this truck (also on a daf)

P10100181.jpg

at first i was planning to make a replica of an existing daf truck from a autotransporter but i couldnt find one in a paintscheme i liked so ima build my own and just make it all up from scratch

any adivse or input is welcome

and remember, you heard it hear first :rolleyes:

You must be Daffy!!!!!!!

they are great trucks you know

what i loved best about them was back when they still made cars

they were the first one to mass produce a vehicle with an actual constant variable transmission

there were basically two pinnions , on on the engine, one on the driveshaft

the belt would run in between the two pinions and as the pinnions moved further open the circumference of them would grow or shrink hereby changing the ratio

this systemhad only one downside

(and i LOVE this downside)

because the system worked of engine vacuum once you were done accelarating and the car topped out and you got of the gas the engine vacuum would increase, change the ratio and the car would accelarate :lol:

(there is a better description right here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAF_600 )

at any rate

the daf is still a very popular truck builder (though they no longer build cars) and is a very recognizable part of the european landscape

plus, as a Dutchman i cant pass up the chance to build one right now :lol:

little does she know that this build combined with a revell trailer my parents bought me for my birthday last year this whole build will be my retord to here "only one model on display in the livingroom" rule

I'm guessing that as part of the "one model" deal, that trailer will be filled with model cars. Hey, they're only cargo!! ;)

I'm guessing that as part of the "one model" deal, that trailer will be filled with model cars. Hey, they're only cargo!! :rolleyes:

as written in the build :huh:

i figured once this tractor (1) is done and the trailer (2) is done i can slap my GTX (3) my sardine challenger (4) my T/A challenger (5) my hemi cuda (6) my hemi cuda/superbird (7) and maybe another charger (8) on there and put it in the livingroom as one model hereby succesfully bupassing the wifies "one model at a time on display" rule ;)