Model Cars Magazine Forum

05 chrysler 300C

Jared Roach

Ok guys! Well I'm starting another project. I got this kit for my birthday, which was the 14th. Well I was going to wait till the new year to start this, but I had soooo many ideas following through my head that I couldn't wait!! So First off I desided on making it a two door, shave the handles and paint it pearl white. Well I'm still going that way but I ran into a BIG problem. The kit was warped REALLY BADLY!!! Well I soaked it in warm water, nothing changed so I took the heat gun to it and straightened it back up. So I made new door lines and started the new center console, I'm going for a more stock lookin exterior and a wildly custom interior. Well thanks for lookin guys and here are the pics. ;)

The kit:

sonoma619.jpg

What it's suppost to look like!!! :(

sonoma624.jpg

inside the box

sonoma636.jpg

heres the body without modificaions

sonoma670.jpg

here is the car stock

sonoma734.jpg

and here is where I'm at on it

sonoma979.jpg

sonoma986.jpg

sonoma987.jpg

still got some work to do to this side and still have to start the other side!!

sonoma990.jpg

and here is the start of the center console

sonoma923.jpg

Race Motor Replicas markets a resin 2 door body to fit that kit; includes a 'shaker' hood,2 door interior and door panels. The body has a small spoiler on the trunk with ground effects all way around,and is a hardtop..............

I never new someone made the two door in resin. Do you have a link to it or a picture? But I might stay with this body because I'm going for a more stock lookin exterior.